17

Chapter 17

When Haley woke up, snoring was heard right above her ear as she had ended up with her head resting on Xavier's hard tan chest. She turned slightly and Xavier instinctively wrapped his arms tighter around Haley's waist as he was still asleep. She would have felt guilty to wake him up so she turned laying her head over his steady beating heart. She placed a soft kiss over the sound that was like a lullaby soothing her. Xavier woke up finally releasing his grip from her waist.

"Good morning love." Xavier deep sleep filled voice flowed through the room.

Haley nodded kissing his cheek as her way of saying it back. He went into the bathroom taking a shower while Haley got dressed. They switched with Xavier getting Dressed and Haley in the bathroom.

Haley walked out as Xavier was pulling his shirt over his head. He walked over to her and interlocked their fingers. Holding hands Xavier lead them down into the kitchen.

Haley walked around the kitchen with Xavier as they both got breakfast. Haley got a small bowl of cereal as Xavier made himself eggs.

He had finished making his breakfast and turned to the island. Haley was sitting on a bar stool on the opposite side of where Xavier stood to eat. The house was silent besides the two eating.

Haley pulled a note pad that was made for grocery lists down from the fridge and took the magnetic pen that was beside it. She sat back down across from Xavier and pushed her bowl aside to start writing.

'What happened last night?' Haley flipped the note around and pushed it to Xavier.

"A friend died." He spoke in a deep voice looking down with his eyes shut.

Haley reached her hand out to place it on the giant, tense one of Xavier. She rubbed small relaxing circles on the back of Xavier's tan skin. His shoulders dropped down at the touch of his mate making him feel all okay, like the weight of his pack and what's been going on has been lifted off his shoulders.

Xavier went up to his office once he finished eating and started more work. Haley finished her cereal and washed the dishes. She found herself randomly walking into Xavier office. She lays down on the couch in the corner with her head on the arm rest.

Haley woke up in the same position as Reid and Laura walked in. No one realized she was awake as they talked. She stayed still laying on the couch just listening to their conversation.

Reid has said something about someone named Alpha Gunner, a name Haley had heard briefly before, and Laura explain how he was never up to good.

"I mean it's weird how Alpha Gunner asked for land and then when you told him no, rouges started to attack. And what also seems weird to me is how Haley got here and Gunner started contacting you more which seemed to coincide with the rouge attacks as they always happened to be right after you deny his offer. I mean didn't he even ask who your mate was at one point?" Laura introduced on the stagnant conversation between Xavier and her mate.

"Alpha Gunner wants control over you to get Haley. That's where the note came from." Reid said as if he had just found out the deepest secret without anyone telling him.

"NO ONE WILL TAKE MY MATE. Qui tries me interficere dimisi ut tangeres eam." Xavier's tone went from yelling to deadly. (I will kill whoever tries to touch her)

Haley didn't like when Xavier was mad, sad, or upset. She's always felt a pull towards him when he was feeling something like that.

Haley sat up from the laying position she was in. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she walked over to Xavier. His intense gases was fixed on her as her small frame approached him.