Chapter 7

I walked past these cars and started walking wherever my feet takes me. I walked to a bar but unlike the club I went earlier-the atmosphere here is more calm and relaxing. I often went to bars like this when I want to chill or feel normal.

"Can I have a Long Island" I told the bartender.

"Make that two" a stranger sat beside me. I looked at him and he just winked at me.

"I'm Jack" He said offering his hand. I couldn't help but notice his handsome face, pretty boy smile, dimple, tan complexion and muscles, his appearance screams sexy-I'll give him that.

"Veronica" I shook his hand.

"Veronica? like the only daughter of satan?" He smirked and I was taken aback on what he just said.

"You're more gorgeous and a appealing than what rumours says" He said and smiled at me.

"Who are you? and why do you know me?" I asked him, my eyebrows furrowed. No wonder I can't hear any of his thoughts, but I didn't sense his demon or is he even a demon?

"Jack Wilder, and if you're wondering what I am; I am a supernatural profiler with the gift of reading minds" He explained. I cocked an eyebrow at him as the bartender gave us our drink

"It was nice meeting you, you're majesty" He bid and slightly bow, then he went off.

It was also rare to meet profilers. A profilers are those who obviously holds every profiles of any supernatural, they are practically human but with a gift. He was a mind reader but he's just human, he's gift was either from God or Satan. All gifted humans are pursued to be a supernatural profilers. These gifted humans are either an offspring of a loyal low ranker demon and a human, a fallen angel and a human, a demigod and a human, or simply a human who earned it.

I looked around the bar and spotted Natalie talking to a man who was making advances on her but she didn't seem to notice it because of the alcohol intoxication. I just shrugged it off and took a sip from my drink.

A broken glass and gasp filled the room and I saw Natalie glaring at the man who walked towards her.

Shit! shit! shit! shit! I'm fucked! I should've listened to Kayla and went home with her!

She cried in her mind. The muscled man grabbed her and he looked furious. Guess that's what she gets for being stubborn and for always calling me a bitch in her mind. I lost sight of them and everyone else went back to their own businesses.

Next thing I know the muscled man was on the ground and Natalie was staring at me like I was an angel sent from above. I didn't know what exactly happened, I just heard Natalie's cries and then here I am.

"Thanks" She muttered softly, I barely heard her.

"Yeah" I said and she bowed her head in shame.

"Thank you really" This time she made it clear enough for me to hear.

"Okay?" I answered unsure.

"I should've listen to Kayla and-" she nagged but I cut her off.

"I don't want to hear it" I stopped her before she could rant her ass on me. She looked at me like I just rejected her. I might have saved her ass but that doesn't mean I'll listen to her drunken rants, I just saved her ass might as well save my ass from her drama.

"You're still rude" She hissed at me and walked away.

I started walking back to the bar to finish my drink when someone touched me and I almost punched Natalie for frightening me.

"I-i.....uhm" She tried to say something.

"You what? you pissed your pants? what?" I asked annoyed.

"Never mind" She muttered and exited the bar.

Once I had enough of alcohol to make me sleep, I exited the bar and was about to go back to hell when I saw Natalie sleeping in the parking spot. I tried to ignored her but I found myself carrying the stupid bitch. It's not that I care about her well being, I'll only do this one time.

"Your girlfriend?" Jack suddenly appeared in front of me.

"No" I answered and continue walking.

"Just a friend?" He questioned.

"Not even that" I said as I shook my head.

"Then why do you care?" He asked me with a teasing look.

"Because I'm not a douche?" I retorted.

"still not a good answer. You were not a douche when you helped her with that big guy earlier, but carrying her to a hotel for her to stay is a different story" He pointed out.

How did he know I'm going to leave Natalie on a Hotel?

"Mind reader" He answered.

"Do me a favour and bring her to any hotel, I don't want her thinking I'm nice" I ordered as I gave him a hundred bucks.

"You mean you might not be able to control your desire for Natalie?" He teased and I just rolled my eyes at his stupid remark.

"Just do it." I said and disappeared.