21

Alex's P.O.V

I'm worried about Harper.  She has been sick a lot the past couple of days.  We haven't been so school since Monday and it's Wednesday now.  We both missed the game yesterday but I couldn't play anyway with a broken rib.  A lawyer called me yesterday saying my father would be going to court in a month and I had to be there to testify.  I agree because i would do anything to keep him away from Harper.

I am pulled out of my thoughts by the microwave beeping telling me the popcorn is done. I grab a bowl and pair it into it before heading back into the living room where Harper is laid on the couch.  She is snoring softly and I pull out my phone snapping a picture at how cute she is when she is sleeping. 

I put the popcorn on the coffee table and pull her into my lap peppering her face with kisses.  She opens her eyes yawns before smiling at me. 

"Hey baby" i say smiling down at her. "How was your nap?"

"Good. I'm so tired" she says before closing her eyes again.  I hold her in my lap while she sleeps.  This is perfect. I said it before but I could live like this the forever.  An hour later she finally stirs from her slumber.  She yawns again and rubs her eyes cutely before looking up at me.

"Hey" she says in her sleepy voice causing me to smile wide.

"Hey." I say back as she stretches and get off my lap.  We go out for dinner and decide to stop by the new arcade they just built. By the time we get home its late and Harper is yawning again.  She's so tired even though she sleeps all the time.  After changing and crawling into bed she is out again.

I kiss her forehead and tell her I love her before falling asleep myself.

Harper stays with me for the next 3 days.  It's the same thing except we have school and Harper had to cheer at the game last night.  I sat with my team on the bench since I am the Captain I had to be there for support.  She has to go home today her parents called and said she needs to spend some time at her own home. 

That's how I ended up sitting here by myself bored out of my mind.  I decide to call Lo and see if she wants to come over.  She says she will be here in 10.  When she gets here, she just walks right in since she has a key I gave her a while back. 

We watch a few movies and just enjoy each other's company.

"I'm glad you are ok and free now." She says smiling at me. "I was always scarred for you to be here before."

"Thanks Lo. I am happy right now" I say smiling back at her. "I love you. You know that right?" I ask her.

"Hey chill Alex I have a girlfriend and so do you." She says playfully. I roll my eyes at her silliness. "Speaking Of girlfriends. What's up with Harper?" She asks. "She's always yawning and looking tired."

"I don't know Lo. She sleeps a lot. Maybe she was worn out from being sick so much." I say thinking about my baby girl.

"Damn." She says popping some gummy bears in her mouth.

We finish the movie before Lo says she has to go home because her parents want to have a family dinner tonight. I hug her by and head up to my room to go to bed since I have nothing else to do. I strip off my clothes and crawl into bed.  I send Harper a text telling her goodnight before falling into a deep sleep.