Chapter 1

"April, you have to tell us what happened." The officer who found me, said as he looked straight at me.

i stared at my wretched figure in the two way mirror behind him.
"Nothing happened." i mumbled to the man not even glancing at him.

"April," the man started but was cut off.

"you really wanna know what happened?" i snapped. he nodded.

"I think i'm in trouble." i said looking at him.

"Why?" he asked as he folded his hands on the table and looked at me with squinted eyes.

"because i might have killed someone."

10 months earlier

"I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my fe-" I hit the snooze button on the Justin Timberlake song that blasted from my alarm clock telling me to get my ass up for work.

I groaned and sat up. It was 5:30 in the morning.

"Maybe i should quit this job." I said as I rubbed my face to wake myself up.

"Sure if you want to live on the street." I said to myself.

"Great, waking up this early is making me talk to myself." I chuckled as I swing my legs over the bed and walked into the bathroom.

I did all my business and walked into my closet.

I got dressed in my normal clothing which was a grey pencil skirt, a white button up, and a grey jacket.

I brushed my teeth and hair and grabbing my keys and purse, running out of the house.

I got into my volkswagen and drove to work.

When i got to work I went up to the 14th floor and got to my desk.
I was an accountant for a big company.

James enterprises.

I hated it but i made good money. I always had to be on time at 7:00 on the dot, not a minute later otherwise the boss would have a fit.

All day was boring. Numbers and numbers all day until lunch came. Thank God! I didn't get my coffee this morning.

I quickly ran out of the building and walked down the street to the coffee shop. I got my favorite a Vanilla latte.

As I was walking out my phone rang with a text. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a text from my sister.

Little sis; Mom wants to know when you're coming back home.

I groaned out loud and texted back.

I'll be there this week-

I ran into a hard chest and was sent flying backwards with my coffee spilling all over me.

"Shit!" I yelled as i saw the coffee stain covering my whole shirt.

"Im so sorry." A man said from above me. I looked up and saw a man with blue eyes and brown short hair. His eyes were piercing my soul.

"Oh, um, its ok." I stuttered. He stuck his hand out and helped me up.

"Thanks." I muttered.
He nodded and wouldn't stop staring at me.

"Um, i'm gonna go now." I stated awkwardly. I was about to walk away when his hand landed on my shoulder.

"My name is Derek James." He said with a smile that showed his pearly whites.

"April Hastings." I smiled. He shook my hand and when i walked away he started walking beside me.