6.0

(Y/N) POV

I stare at Saiki's back, as we move forward.

 The blue-haired girl who is apparently Kokomi-san stands next to him with a pleased expression. Yumehara-san rambles on, and I'm sorry to say that I'm not listening to her.

 I'm all about making new friends, but being next to Yumehara is a little... draining.

 "The guy you're about to meet is so cute!! But, he's mine okay." I nod at her fervent questioning.

 'I wonder what you're thinking, Saiki-kun.." I stare at him before looking at me feet. The sun slowly dips into the sky. 

Saiki POV

"It's best to give up now, (Y/N). It only goes downhill from here.."

Teruhashi slightly bumps into my shoulder on 'accident'. She stands surprised and then giggles. "Saiki-kun!~ There's the shop." She tugs on my arm excitedly.

 She pulls me into the convenience store staring at all the foods.

  "Whoa, yum!" She calls out. "It's okay to say you don't like it.."  I voice.

  Inside she's busy downplaying every food item here.

 Although, another thought catches my attention. 'I didn't know stores sell coffee jelly!!' (L/N) stares at the food item.

 I immediately walk over to her place and there it was.

 In all of it's packaged glory. Cheap as ever.

 I stare at it along with her.

 "Oh, Saiki! Don't take that one, it tastes weird and its high in calories." Teruhashi pulls me away and out of my trance.

 (L/N) giggles stocking up on some, in her hands.

 I stare at that rack until we're at the checkout. My mood plummets. As soon as we check out Teruhashi's candy apples we leave the store.

 Her phone buzzes loudly. She flips it open with a quick glance.

 "Ah.. my brother needs pick-up from the bus and he doesn't want any paparazzi. I'm going to have to go." She mumbles.

 She glances worriedly at (Y/N) and then at me.

 "I-I'll be back as soon as possible!" She calls out, running off. Yumehara, looks at Teruhashi leave.

 "Guys, I'll meet you at the train station. I think I'm going to buy Kaido a gift~" She grins. "Bye, Chiyo-san!" (L/N) waves as the girl runs off another way.

 It doesn't take long before she fills the space next to me.

 We walk silently as she snacks on one of her jelly cups. I try to take my mind off them. "The stars will be out soon." She mumbles.

 I look to side as cars with headlights rush by.

 The sunset had already come and gone. We were left with the dark blue sky and cool air.

 "Saiki-kun.. Can I admit something to you?" She asks. I already know what it is, still I nod.

 She smiles a little gratefully.

 "I'm not sure if I can keep up with your friend group.. I'm sure they're great people. Still, they're not like you or Kuriko." She speaks, jumping over puddles left by the rain yesterday.

 "I'm going to try hard though! So that I can have more fun times with you." She giggles.

 I don't answer her.

 "Kusuo-kun. I'm really glad that you want to be friends with me..." I glance at her face.

 She stops staring at her empty jelly cup as the wind blows her hair and dress around. I turn around waiting for her to move again.

 "I'd really enjoy it. If you never left." She laughs to herself running up to where I stopped. She turns to face me. I'm shocked by her directness.

 "Can you promise that you'll never leave?" She whispers.

 I stare at her as cars rush by.

 She's not in any hurry to leave or retract her statement. I glance at the ground.

 "...promise." My voice barely follows.

 Her eyes twinkle happily as she tugs on my sleeve.

 "Chiyo-san is going to beat us there if we don't hurry!" She jokes.

 She walks ahead waiting for me to follow with a bright grin. She takes another coffee jelly from her bag and waves it towards me.

 "Let's share one.~"

~~

Everyday I dig myself a deeper hole.

 What was I supposed to say to her, 'Sorry, I'm Kuriko and I was just toying with you for the past 2 weeks'

 I eat the jelly, scoop by scoop as (L/N) beams happily next to me.

 "Is it if I call you Kusou?" She says suddenly.

 I nod slightly.

 "Kuriko and Kusou-kun." She hums, opening her phone to add my contact.

 We reach the station and as (L/N) had predicted Yumehara had made it there before us. ... And somehow so had Teruhashi.

 Kaido was already of the train to greet us.

 I wasn't surprised.

 After that little moment we started walking slower than ever. I was just keeping her pace although she mentioned she wanted to beat Yumehara.

 "I was wondering where you guys were. I was getting worried." Teruhashi laughed walking up to me.

 "O-oh hi! I'm K-kaido Shun. It's nice to meet you." He laughs bashfully to himself.

  (L/N) giggles at his personality.

 "It's nice to meet you too.~ I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." She smiles.

 "Oh! I remember you. You were our waitress at Cafe Mami." He points out. She nods with a grin.

 "I'm glad you remember me!"

 He casts a quick look over to me. "Please forgive that one's attitude before." He mutters.

 "I can hear you."  I say.

 She cast me a look and only laughs to herself.

  Now as we walk away it's just Kaido and (Y/N) talking.

 The whole atmosphere between them sets me off. What happened to 'Don't leave me' a minute ago.

 She casts me a glance and I look away on reflex. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts I was caught off-guard by her action.

 As soon as she meets my eyes she looks away quickly red tinting her cheeks. 

Her thoughts don't say anything...I can only hope that I'm wrong about what's about to happen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saiki-kun is a little 'jelly'

Haha, puns...

okay then. Thanks for reading once again!

And I hope you're enjoying the story!

-See ya!

-Anime-obsessed