Full Moon

Hey everyone, new cover. Do you guys like it? I'm really happy with how my page is doing, it's been reaching so many people these past few months. And to all of my new readers, welcome! I think "Alphas" might actually have a chance at the Watty's this year... so fingers crossed.
*
Also, in case you're wondering, I CHANGED THE TITLE!
*
Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter!
*
Issac sat on the edge of the bed where Melanie was resting. She looked scared even as she slept, with her knees pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. She slept like she was ready for an attack.

And that bothered the hell out of Issac, he didn't want her to be afraid. But he knew he had not experienced the things that she had, and it could possibly stick with her forever.

She was like a walking heart, soft and vulnerable. She needed a barrier to protect her, and Issac wanted to be that. He needed to be that, because over the course of a week he had begun to really enjoy Melanie.

He was too lost in his thoughts to realize that she woke up, bright eyes opened. This time without any tears, though they were still sort of puffy from an hour of crying.

She placed her hand on top of his, startling him.

"Sorry," She said with a raspy voice.

"Don't stress it," Issac said. His voice was soft, not pitiful, but gentle. It was like she was a frightened animal that needed to be soothed. "How do you feel?" He asked her, his hand still being held by hers.

"Like a wreck," She replied, "I'm so tired."

Issac smiled at her, and Melanie smiled back. Her smile wasn't a happy one, yet it wasn't a sad one either.

It was just a smile.

"Yeah well you did cry pretty hard, basically to the point that you passed out in my arms." Issac said, running a hand across her hair. It was soft, like placing your hand on silk.

Melanie stared at him as he did this, frozen. This time not out of fear though, she was content.

"I still can't believe I did that," She told Issac, "It hasn't been that bad in a long time."

Issac knew she was referring to her panic attack, and he looked down at her. He had the growing urge to hold her yet again, cradle her and have her fall asleep. But that wouldn't happen, especially not tonight.

He decided not to mention the full moon until the last minute.

"Do you know what caused it, like are there certain triggers in here?" Issac questioned, wanting to help Melanie in anyway.

And Melanie found this action kind, much more kind than she was used to. She was secretly praying that he would hold her again, his chin on her head, his fingers playing in her shirt.

But she was too embarrassed to ask, so she kept it to herself.

"I honestly have no idea," She replied, "Something with seeing myself naked just sends me over," Melanie glanced to the side. She realized that she was in clothes, which she hadn't been in when she passed out.

Before she could even ask, Issac answered for her.

"I didn't want you to panic even more, so I just put some clothes on you."

Melanie felt her heart flutter, this time out of joy. This happened whenever anyone did something kind for her, especially since she wasn't used to being shown kindness.

"I'm broken, aren't I?" Melanie asked randomly, but Issac just shrugged.

"A broken heart still works, and a broken bone is still a bone," Issac said, "But in the end they heal. Melanie, I promise you that you'll get better. I'll be there to catch you if you're falling."