Wolves

Helllo everyone, no AN today so let's jump right into the chapter
*
Leave some feedback.
*
"Melanie, stay." Issac commanded, turning to open the door. Melanie grabbed his bicep, not wanting to let him go. He turned to look at Mel, who's eyes were large like saucers. Was she afraid for him?

"Be careful," She said. She let go of Issac's arm, but continued to stare at him.

"Don't worry, I'm an alpha sweetheart." Issac winked at her, before he opened the door. She saw him leap off of the porch, and when he landed he was in wolf form. He looked back at Melanie with red eyes, who anxiously held onto the doorknob.

They stared at each other for a few more seconds, and then Issac turned to go hunting. He wanted to find out who was so desperately going after Melanie, and why. And then depending on his mood, he just might only rip a paw off.

Melanie closed the door hesitantly, before looking back to see Zeus and Peter watching her with curiosity.

"You know," Zeus paused, "I've never seen an alpha and a beta share that kind of bond."

Peter nodded his head in agreement, and Melanie shot them a confused glance.

"Don't wolves normally share a bond though?" She questioned, walking over to the couch and plopping down. She kicked her feet up, and glanced back towards them.

Zeus shook his head, sitting down across from Melanie.

"You don't see him being all sappy towards Peter or I, but you two just seem to depend on each other."

Zeus and Peter had observed this over the few hours that they had known Melanie. They'd noticed how she was uneasy when he was gone, and at peace when he was next to her. It was the same for Isssc. The pair had proved that they needed each other.

"Well, I figured that's just because he's known me longer." Melanie replied, her voice sounding somewhat uncertain towards the end of her sentence.

Once again, Zeus and Peter shook their heads.

"We've both known Issac for years," Peter said. Melanie looked surprised to hear this, she thought that Issac had just found them on the streets and made them join his pack.

"Yeah, we were all part of the same pack," Zeus added. This also took Melanie by surprise. "Although, I have no clue why he acted like he barely knew us..."

"Then how did he become an alpha?" She asked.

"He killed his alpha," Zeus answered, "To be an alpha, you either have to be born into leadership or kill one."

Melanie thought that sounded barbaric, she would never even think of killing someone just so she could be a leader. She would be a shitty leader as it is.

"You like him," Peter said, "Don't you?"

Melanie glanced at him, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Why wouldn't I? He saved my life."

But deep down Melanie liked him way more than she let up, she lived for his attention and his approval. She wanted to spend most of her time with him, and she couldn't figure out her feelings for him.

"Well he certainly likes you," Zeus said. Melanie's eyes widened and her cheeks turned pink.

"Just as a friend..." She mumbled, dropping her gaze from Peter and Zeus's. They looked at each other, sharing the same grin.

"Yeah, sure. That explains why when we saw you naked he basically threatened to have us castrated." Peter said, rolling his eyes.

"He just knows stuff that you guys don't," Melanie responded.