Everything That Happened, Had To Happen

--Eloise--

"You may now kiss the bride," the officiant's voice suddenly awoke me from my trance. I didn't even have time to analyse what I had just remembered before a pain erupted from my upper arm. I snapped my head towards it to find King's deadly grip constricting my circulation. He didn't waste any time, roughly yanking me to his chest and pulling my face to his with my chin.

I didn't even get a moment to breathe before King's lips were smashed onto mine, sealing the deal. He hungrily and aggressively assaulted my lips, taking out his anger on them. I felt him move over them again and again, giving me no solace, just mashing his lips onto mine. It was disgusting and putrid. I didn't dare to give up my dignity and give in to his passion.

I could tell that my lack of response was not only irritating King but upsetting the audience, particularly Ashton's family, who either glared at me spitefully or nervously, unsure of whether to clap or not.

"Kiss back, now," King hotly growled into my stiff lips. I gulped, hesitatingly, before leaning forward and pressing back. I wanted to vomit. This was wrong. Everything felt so wrong. King's hand moved to my nape and enclosed our mouths even closer together. I was shivering, doing my best to respond without shoving away and wiping my tainted lips all over my hands.

King took it further by running his wet tongue over my clenched teeth, asking for entrance. A chill ran down my spine, my stomach churning to vomit. I denied it, trying to pull away for air instead, but he wasn't satisfied with that. A hard pinch to the soft muscles in my nape and my mouth snapped open instinctively in shock and pain. He took that opportunity and thrust his tongue into my mouth.

I whimpered, holding onto King's tux. This felt so bad. I just wanted to die right here from humiliation. And, to have people that I care about watching me was even more unsettling.

I felt him sloshing his appendage around the wet cavern of my mouth, easily gaining dominance as I didn't even try. I could feel bile rising up my throat at the thought that his saliva was mixing with mine.

This moment was lasting forever. I hated that it did.

Tears pricked my eyes. I just want this to end...

The crowd was cheering normally now. Rowdy applause whilst the flower girls showered us with flowers. It seemed so happy...

I had always dreamed of a beautiful wedding, not quite this extravagant but one where all of my family would support me; one where Carly and Brittney and Wendy would be my bridesmaids cheering me from the side; and one where I was so certain that the man next to me was the love of my life, someone who would love me and cherish me as dearly as I would him.

I had none of that. This was not fair. Why did I have to endure this?

We finally parted before I could choke out a sob of misery. King threatened to hush it with another kiss so I held it back. Everyone seemed to share in the celebrations to the point that I felt alienated. Why? Why was it only me that had to suffer?

That was horrible. I can't believe he made me kiss him. For just that, I wanted to cry. But before I could do anything else, King tugged me back down the aisle by the arm, heading for the church doors.

Ah, that's right. It wasn't over yet. This horrible day was just beginning. After this would be the reception where I would have to greet every single one of the guests. I'll have to plaster a smile onto my face and act as I was hopelessly in love with this man. Hopeless. It really was just hopeless.

the sun had set by the time we had started the reception. I waited by King's side as the guests were being introduced into the dining hall. Everything had been set up so beautifully, yet, I could appreciate none of it. I just wanted this to be over so that I could quickly forget that it had even happened, to begin with.