Chapter 9: Cornered

In the morning Spyro and Cynder woke up to find their friends sleeping in the living room. Tobious had too much to drink and passed out on the kitchen table with his shirt off. Sparx got a bucket of water and splashed it on his face causing him to fall on the floor, "What the shit? What happened to my shirt?"

Zophia came in through the front door with Cypress holding clean laundry, "you passed out in your own vomit when you got into a shots competition with Hunter." She threw Tobi's clean shirt too his wet face, "Pro tip Tobi, don't challenge a cheetah twice your size next time or you'll fall on your butt again." Spyro's dragon laugh woke everyone up in the house, Jake grabbed his head, "Ah! Can you not laugh so hard, I'm definitely hung over!"

Cynder asked, "What's that supposed to mean"? Shen grabbed her water bottle and started to hydrate, "When humans drink too much ethanol they wake up with a massive headache the next morning."

Tobious wiped his face, "Thanks for the splash of water Sparx, I think that cured mine." "Of course, I definitely meant to do that". Sparx said

Violet was finishing up her morning yoga while everyone was still recovering from their bad choices from the night before, "I hope everyone had fun, because we're gonna need everyone's heads clear for tonight, we need to start on that battle plan to save the others."

"Violet how are you not hungover!?"

Violet grabbed her phone and threw it to Jake, "One of our people sent Kara an emergency beacon to her phone and they seem to be inside that volcanic mountain by the skyline.

Spyro got serious, "That's Malefors mountain, we can't underestimate that place. Cynder and I've been there before. It won't be easy getting in and almost impossible to get out."

Violet, "Our people don't believe in impossible Spyro, we're going to save them, even if we have to run out of that mountain bleeding and screaming."

Later that evening everyone decided to make a war plan to save Ash, Alban, Sergei and some of the other kidnapped citizens. Shen was preparing her medical equipment. Spyro became eager to take down Malefor, "With you guys by our side we'll kick Malefor's butt and his army of undead freaks in no time!" Jake and Kara went over different strategy plans trying to find tactical strats to infiltrate Malefor's mountain. Nevertheless there was an unspoken strain lingering in the room. Not even Sparks or Tobi's quip jokes could ease up the tension some of the Anthros had.

Violet set out to help students reload all their weapons and be prepared in case of another attack. She went door to door where students and soldiers resided asking for a weapons check and calculated how much fire power they had; leaving the others to strategies in Spyro's home. Shortly after she left...the dragon elders and the kings came to Spyro's living quarters. Ignitus rarely ever showed his presence in the village however urgent matters were an exception since he was the highest renowned king.

Jake continued to run holograms simulations of how an assault on the mountain could turn out. Ignitus continued to be amazed by their tech, "I've never seen such foreign devices... We may be from vastly different worlds, but it seems as if war is just the same anywhere, or at least its conception." Jake went over different plans but couldn't find a proper way to enter the mountain without being seen, a plethora of crawlers and dragon guards noticed the heat seeking drones and started taking them out. With frustration Jake swept the table full of data and plans to the ground. Ignitus and the kings kept their calm, Jake knew full well what they had on their mind and why they were at Spyro's.

Hunter and the elders became tired of remaining silent about the elephant in the room.

"I'm sorry Jake, but our elders need answers!" Spyro said