chapter 10

Thank you for the votes 😘😘

Ashton's pov

When she said those words to me that I never cared before so why do I care now. If only she knew that the worst decision I made was leaving her back in high school.

*Flashback"
I angrily walked to my office to collect the documents I needed for tomorrow because of the merging of my company to where Ashley formerly worked. So I needed to check this for those who were qualified to work for me and those that do not.

Few weeks ago I saw a magazine in my receptionists desk and the face on the front cover instantly alerted me. So I went close to check and there my prayers for six years were answered. I saw her, she is beautiful.

I instantly checked the company and I saw it was located in New York. She was working for one of my business associate's. Thank God I know him a little at least I've met him in some gala's and award programmes I've been to.

For days I dreamt of her beautiful  face I just discovered and I really itched to go drag her back to me but I couldn't.  I mean if I go there what will I tell her?, how will she take my sudden appearance?, how will I feel if she rejected me and all other questions were running through my head.

I talked to my mom and she instantly embraced me telling me she was so happy for me. She was always trying to set up blind dates with her friends daughters but I always end up not going cause I don't want them. I only want one woman.

I also talked to my friends and they were soo suprised that the girl I left since high school was the one doing things to me.
There and then I finally grew the balls to travel to New York if I wanted HER back. 

After collecting the documents I went for in my office, I rested my head in my table feeling exhausted and excited.
Surprised??? Well that's because the person I hurt and was always thinking about was with me she is Ashley. Man she was more beautiful than I thought. My head jerked up then I heard a car door close.

I thought it was Edward My driver so I relaxed. I heard another door shut and then I guess I've stayed enough so I walked back to the limo without looking at my surrounding and I sat down her scent engulfing me immediately.

still not looking up, I didn't hear anything. No yelling or anything?

So I turned to look at her when I found her spot was empty. What the.... "Stop the car" I yelled I cannot loose her again. I came down and looked back and saw her with all her luggages surrounding her. What the heck. I yelled at my driver for letting her leave in the first place. Then I went to her.
I was angry, does she hate me that much?.

I started yelling at her like she was a baby, of course she is my baby.
When she didn't reply I was more pissed that I would have punched a wall if there was any close by. I guess she heard enough when she looked at me with her brown eyes turning into a shade of black. Man she was madd.

We were best friends remember? So I still know her to some extent. I guess.  "You didn't care before so why do you care now" she asked angrily. I was taken aback from her outburst.
"If your worried that I won't show up tomorrow at work, don't worry I'll be there" she added this time in a more lowered voice. I guess she was tired

But... I was angry so instead of me to apologise for my behavior, I did the opposite of yelling at her and walking away leaving her behind.

☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣

I was currently in my office looking at the clock impatiently. 7:00am and she's not here.  One hour felt like three hours. It was 8:00 already and she's still not here.

"Where is she??" I thought aloud looking at my system connected to the CCTV cameras to check if she has entered. But no she's not here, I was driving myself mad and I knew it and I didn't want to stop myself.

10:00 and she's not here. That's it, I grabbed my car keys and marched towards my door where a soft knock stopped me dead on my tracks. Who the hell is that, I swear if it's my secretary reminding me any fucking meeting I would ye--- my rambling was cut short again when I heard the knock again "come in" I said harshly and swinged the door open. still standing where I was revealing her.

*************
Hey guys this one was short I know
Sorry

Hope you liked it

🤩🤩🤩