Chapter 28

Enjoy

Ashton's pov

May be I was too harsh to her.

Maybe I was too cold to her.

God this is ridiculous. I don't know why I ever thought of the idea of keeping some distance between us. And now I ended up snapping atherthis morning when all she did was to please me by making me breakfast. And that too my favorite.

Ugh. That's it I'm going mad.

I succeeded in going to the meetings that were lined up for me today and I must say it was horrible.

She didn't come to work today.  And I  know I'm the reason.

I didn't see her face in my meetings, I didn't see her shy smile every time we go for a meeting because some asshole keeps looking at her,  I didn't hear her cute giggles and laughs when someone gives a ridiculous idea that makes everyone burst out laughing.

In shorter words, today's hell for me.

Its 3:00 pm now and I tried calling the phone in my house for sometime now but no one's picking up.

Is she still mad at me?

Is she sleeping? Or did she...

Wait! Did she leave!

Hell no!

I immediately grabbed my briefcase and all the necessary files and rushed out.
I tapped my feet impatiently as if the elevator could hear it and move faster.

My driver rushed towards me "sir wher... "

"To my penthouse " I said hurriedly cutting him off.

"Yes sir " he answered increasing his pace to get the car.

"Faster Gerald" I said impatiently

"Yes boss" he answered looking at me through the review mirror.
"What's wrong boss" he asked.

I looked at him through the mirror
"I- I... I'm worr... Its nothing " I answered running my hands through my hair manking it deshelved.

I hope she's at home.

Baby please stay with me.

I looked down to see my hands shaking nervously. I sighed and fisted my shaky hands anticipating what's to come.

Soon we got to the gate and as soon as we got in "stop here! " I said shocking my driver and myself.

He stopped and I rushed out running to the door. I could see the bodyguards and all my workers looking at me weirdly but I don't care.

I have a priority now.

I used my keys to open the door and I  rushed in. My heart beat increased its rate at the quietness of the house.

What shocked me is that the house is spotless. And I can remember giving my maids a leave because my baby doesn't like people invading her  privacy.

So how come its spotless even when she cooked this morning.

I checked the sitting room. It was Empty

Right now I can testify my fears are getting the best of me.

I reached her room door and wiped my clammy hands on my suit pants.

you can do this Ashton

I took a deep breadth and knocked. I waited for sometime and 

No answer

'No please' I begged in my head

I knocked again this time I made it louder hoping she was asleep so she couldn't hear me.

Still no answer.

I slowly opened and stepped inside. No ones here.

The coldness of the room made me shiver in fear and fright.

All her things are gone.

They are all gone.

And for the first time in years, I was scared.

Scared of the truth that's about to hit me with full force.

No please. Don't go... don't go were the words I kept chanting in my head. 

I rushed to the kitchen and the quietness there made me drop my head in shame and disappointment.

For the first... No!  For the second  time I was ashamed of my self. I was dissappointed at my stupidity.

I sat on the high chair near the kitchen counter, taking off my suit jacket and tie and flinged it anywhere not minding if I ruined my suit or not.

Realization dawned on me again.

I let her go again. for the third time which heightened my fear if I'd ever get to see her and apologize for my behavior.

I don't know if she'll believe me since all I've been doing is hurting her and apologizing.

God please don't let her go. I don't know if I can survive without her.

A white piece of paper on top of the counter gained my attention and o grabbed it like my life depended on it.
I quickly opened it praying I'll get a clue to where she went.

But no. What was written in the letter was different. My words were thrown right back at my face and it hurt.
Now I know how she felt when I spat those words at her face this morning.

God!  I'm such a fool.

I can't take this anymore.

I called my mother and she picked at the first ring " oh my God your alive! "

"Mom. I'm coming" were the only words that came out of my mouth before I cut the call.

I grabbed the key to my Ferrari and sped to my parents. I don't care if I  beat traffic, because that's the least of  my concern right now.

I really need advice from my parents because all I do is make the wrong decisions and fuck things up when I'm with her.

✖_✖

I reached and as soon as I came down from the car a small body slammed mine and I managed to chuckle at my mother's small frame.

She had me in a tight embrace like I was going to disappear any moment.

"Hey mom" I greeted softly

"My baby. I missed you so much" she said touching my cheeks, her eyes tearing up.

"Its alright now mom. I'm here"

"Oh shut up!  You didn't even call me for what almost three months!, What is wrong with you!  Do you know how worried I was! " she fumed

"Now honey bear, let the poor boy breath" my father said chuckling and she glared at him making his smile vanish instantly.

I stared in awe at their banter. I always wished to have something like this with my wife. Ashley.

"I meant least let him come inside" my father said softly trying to pry her fingers away fron my shirt. But she refused.

So I held my mother's small frame inside will h my hands around her shoulders and her cuddled up to my side and my father pouted and grumbled all the way till we got  inside the house.

Thank you for your patience.

Any predictions?

Vote and comment

Stay tunned for more.

«nini»