chapter 15

Ashley's pov

It's already three months now that I've been working here. We had a lot of work these past few months because we were now known everywhere because of our merging with this company.

After the fight Ashton and I had that day at the bus station, I've been trying to avoid him. I moved my table to the room Ashton said was crowded, you know what? It wasn't. He clearly wanted me to stay in his office. I feel free here, I don't have to see his face all the time. There was a day he came here and everyone was shocked to see him he made an excuse saying that he wanted to see how we were going so far with our work.

Today is Friday and I and the other team workers are going to a charity event planned and decorated by us.  It is actually to raise funds for the children who were in the orphanage. The make up artist we hired did a great job on my face and the dress was like a second skin on my body.

I was putting on an off shoulder black mermaid dress with a slit on the left leg, not really revealing but okay and classy. I would be going alone cause I didn't want to go with any date. I got to the venue of the event and damn there was paparazzi everywhere but somehow I managed to push  through inside of the hall. I was so happy looking at the decorated hall which was all my idea and my sweat. Billionaires from far and near would be attending this event because it was like a tradition for them.

The event has already started now and I was sitting at the bar stool with  a soft drink inside my cup which I was unconsciously twirling in between my fingers.

There were so so many gests by now, so many beautiful girls and all of 'em  were all present here. Inside was peaceful but was ruined with a commotion outside. Everyone had to turn to see what was causing the commotion lo and behold it was the one and only billionaire, you know who😁. It was Ashton Stone the only guy who they tagged as someone without feelings.

He got in and the paparazzi has finally left him, he stood there at the entrance and looked around, looking for someone I assume. He was still looking everywhere for whoever it was but when his eyes stopped at mine, he froze. Some thoughts ran through my head Am I overly dressed?, Is my makeover too much? and all other thoughts I didn't know how but I managed to stop those thoughts. We were still lost in each other's eyes when someone using the mic interrupted and I looked away first.

***After sometime***
I was really not comfortable here at this event. I don't know why but I felt something was gonna happen. I constantly felt Ashton's gaze on me which was annoying and making me uncomfortable.

It was time to dance and everyone was already on the dance floor and I was still sitting down Ashton went to greet some of his work partners while me well is just me. I really didn't feel like dancing so I decided to go on Instagram to see some messages and posts from people at least that would lighten my mood a little.

It was 11:00 pm and I was tired and happy. I'm happy cause I'm in an occasion which was designed by me and I was proud of myself. I mean alot of people took my phone number cause they said what I did to the hall was amazing.

Let's not forget the strange feeling I was feeling nervousness or something bad was about to happen Orr.. I don't know. I don't know how to place this feeling. I stood up ready to leave and bid some of my team members I could locate and headed to the front door. I still felt Ashton's gaze on me the whole time because he was sitting where I was sitting before at the bar stool which was close to the door. I nodded at him as my way of saying goodbye and as I turned to leave, my world stopped, I mean I was frozen from what was in front of me.

My parents

*†*****†***
I'm done with this chapter
Tell me what you think

Sorry for the late update guy's, exams has been up my ass lately so I would slowly update.

Please vote 🙏 and comment by clicking on that innocent ★ at the bottom.