Chapter Twelve:

Zach's POV:

The morning arrived way too fast.

I stumbled from my bed and headed to the bathroom.

A good warm shower will get my muscles loose, I thought to myself.

I hopped into the shower and let my head rest upon the cool tiled wall.

My mind went wild.

I couldn't stop thinking about Brian.

How he winked at me.

How he opened the car door for me.

How he offered to drive me to school in the morning...

"shit!" I cursed out loud.

I've been day-dreaming for way too long! He should be here in a couple of minutes!

I dried myself quickly and stepped out of the bathroom and back to the bedroom,

I chose some simple black skinny jeans and a white V-neck shirt and got dressed.

I tried to style my hair as best as I could, but it got to the point of it being too long and rebellious. I should cut it off probably...

I grabbed my school bag and headed downstairs,

I still have a couple of minutes, I might have enough time to grab something to eat.

I almost choked when I saw none other than Brian seating in my chair and eating my breakfast. I just stood in shock next to the kitchen entrance.

"good morning Zach" Brian lifted his look from the French toast he'd been eating and smiled at me.

"Oh good morning sweetie! I saw Brian was waiting for you outside and I thought I'd invite him in for some breakfast!" my mom turned around, holding a pan full of bacon.

"ah... ok... thanks mom" I just mumbled, I was still standing next to the entrance, not sure what to do or how to act.

"come sit down! Grab something to eat before you two are heading off to school!" my mom grabbed my hand and dragged me to sit next to Brian.

"I... I don't think I'm that hungry... I just need some coffee" I told my mom.

"Nonsense! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! And you're going to have some! Now open up!" my mom chirped as she handed me a plate full of pancakes.

I mean who can refuse to pancakes?