Chapter Nineteen:

Zach's POV:

I woke up to a gloomy morning.

I guess the weather god is feeling me.

I took a quick shower and went downstairs for some breakfast.

"good morning sweetie! You look good!" my mom welcomed me to the table.

"Yeah, you look... better" dad agreed with her.

"Thanks, I guess," I said and started eating some pancakes.

"are you going to school today? You woke up early" mom asked and took a sip from her coffee.

"no, I'm gonna use all of the 'sick day' notes I've got and I'm going to stay at home. I might come to work though, later"

"that's good," dad said.

After I finished eating breakfast, both mom and dad went off to the bakery.

I was watching TV with George in the living room when I received a text from Olivia.

Liv' :crown emoji: ; "morning, sugar! How are you? Any better? You kinda run away from me yesterday! Can I come over after school?"

"sure 'Liv, you can stop by. But I'm letting you know I have a shift at the bakery at 5 pm."

Liv' :crown emoji: ; "cool, I'll be at your place around 1:30. I'm gonna give you a ride to the bakery at 5. Don't worry!"

I sighed and turned off the TV.

"George, do you want to come and help me clean up my room?" I asked.

George meowed and jumped off the couch.

"Yeah, I didn't think you will, buddy"

I went back upstairs and started cleaning my room.

I wasn't very messy, but ever since I had that little meltdown, I didn't bother cleaning my room at all. So, it wasn't in its best condition. I had a huge pile of dirty clothes on the floor (not even on a chair!), empty soda-cans on my nightstand, and just random stuff not where they belong to.

So there I was, changing the bedding, vacuuming, folding all my clothes, and hanging the new items Olivia bought me yesterday.

I even cleaned my bathroom. Which was the worst part, clearly. Toilet and all.

And after I finished cleaning, I decided to draw for a little bit.

The only thing I wanted to draw was Brian's face.