CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Lately, Marnie had a dreadful feeling that something was wrong

Her and Fangs were doing well, so that wasn't the issue.

She and her brother haven't caused any trouble and their parole was over so it wasn't that either.

Everything in her life was perfectly going well, but she just couldn't get rid of the awful feeling invading her thoughts.

"Babe you doing okay?" Fangs asked walking into her bedroom since she had ditched school. She had told Fangs what she felt with the awful feeling that something bad was going to happen. So, he suggested she stay home for the day and she gladly obliged.

He looked at her staring out the window, and he hated how pale she was. It had started a few weeks ago, when she suddenly stopped smiling as often, and everyone was starting to notice.

"I'm sorry Fangs, for being so down lately" She mumbled and Fangs walked over to her kissing the top of her head pulling her in his arms

"Babe, I don't care about that, I'm worried about your health" Her head that was leaning on his chest shot up frowning.

"I'm eating" She pouted and Fangs chuckled sitting next to her at the window facing her

"I mean mentally" He reached over putting a finger on her forehead," What's going on that mind of yours?"

Marnie couldn't help but chuckle at how cute he was being," Honestly, I want to know the same thing, but right now, my mind is just betraying me, not even allowing me to know what the heck is going on" He looked at her for a moment and shook his head putting a smile on his face.

"Babe, why don't you and I go somewhere this weekend? Just the two of us, out of town and just having fun?"

She had looked at him with her eyes wide," What?" Fangs smiled at her raising a hand to her cheek

"A two-day vacation just relaxing" He worded again, and Marnie went silent for a moment and then spoke slowly

"This better not be a joke, Fogarty, I swear I can't handle it if it is"

"I'd never joke about a vacation, I am offended," He said raising his hand to his chest playfully, when he was suddenly tackled by her, both falling to the ground.

"I'm taking it that she said yes" Marnie looked up still on top of Fangs at her brother and Lorenzo both peeking in the room.

Fangs just looked up not bothering on moving from the position," Well, I take being tackled as a yes" He then looked at her," That's a yes right? Please be because if not, I'll be sore for nothing"

"It's a yes!" She quickly commented as she leaned forward hugging him, not caring if her brother and guardian was there. They didn't even mind themselves being happy that Marnie was finally smiling. They all missed her smile and the sound of her joyous voice that always made their days.

"I'm leaving before this gets too much for me" Anthony announced walking away not wanting to see his twin making out with her boyfriend. Lorenzo pushed the door wide open walking away, and the couple laughed at his gesture. It was a silent 'Don't you two even dare do anything inappropriate under my roof'

"He does realize we are going to be alone on the vacation, right?" Fangs joked and Lorenzo who was not far enough heard it, quickly yelling from where he was

"Don't make me change my mind, Fogarty!" The pair chuckled as they shared a small kiss grinning at each other.