CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Anthony watched his sister leave the room, and he grits his teeth throwing his covers off him

Anthony watched his sister leave the room, and he grits his teeth throwing his covers off him. He looked to the door or a moment and then dug under his pillow for the burner phone he had. He was already in this cruel game. He dialled the only number on the phone and waited as he paced in the room.

"Are you happy you bastard! I made my sister think I hate her—but I did what you asked, I told her where to check, now what is my next step" Anthony spat as he waited or the muffled voice to tell him where to go. "You want me to break into the mayor's office?! Are you trying to get me arrested!" He yelled at the order, but the line cut off as he threw the phone to the ground.

Marnie was in the car with the gang, just driving not saying a word. All that was in her mind, was that she lost her brother, and it wasn't the game that did it. She knew one day, no matter how much she tried not to think it, that she'll have to tell him.

Fangs just reached over to hold her hand, and Marnie didn't pull away. The car ride was silent and suffocating for everyone since they didn't know if they should speak up, or just wait for Marnie to talk, so they just sat in their seats waiting.

It was like she read their thoughts when she spoke," I'm going to the cemetery, where my parents are buried" Toni leaned forward," Is it the hint?" Marnie sighed and nodded," Yeah, A-Anthony reminded me of the quote on their graves 'We are closer than you think' it was another thing my parents always told us whenever they left for a while"

Fangs noticed her stutter saying Anthony's name, and he knew that something happened. He didn't want to pry, but he knew Marnie would let this affect her. She was not good at keeping her inner turmoil inside, especially with everything going on, it wouldn't be possible.

Once they arrived at the cemetery, she told the gang to walk ahead, besides Fangs," I told Anthony the truth about my parents" She told him, making him turn to her confused," What do you mean?"

"I told him the truth Fangs, they died because they went searching for me because I lied to them" Marnie furrowed her brows," I'm the reason they died"

Fangs folded his arms," Mar—" Marnie frowned as he glared at him," What can you really say that will change that?! You say you want to be here! Yet this is something that your advice and words can't change!!" She yelled, but not loud enough for the others to hear her.

Fangs just stood there not moving as he looked at her, as she continued to scream at him. He let her scream out her frustrations because he knew, that this is what she needed. Out of everything that is happening, she needed to just scream, and just let it all out.

"My own brother will never look at me the same ever again, and I— I lost him" Her voice slowly went quiet and meek, as she cried, and Fangs pulled her in his arm. He couldn't say anything, because she was right, his words can't change what happened. He just needed to be there for her, because this was all he could do right now.