CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

FP looked at them as he sighed," Why didn't you kids come to us sooner? If you just told us, we would have avoided all of this" Fangs turned to the others giving them an 'I told you so' look

FP looked at them as he sighed," Why didn't you kids come to us sooner? If you just told us, we would have avoided all of this" Fangs turned to the others giving them an 'I told you so' look. They all hated thinking they were helpless, but they all knew it was for the best.

Lorenzo had been pacing around trying to stop himself from just acting recklessly to save Marnie. He would have been angrier at them for coming late, but he saw himself in them. Just like when he was younger, along with FP and Alice. They all refused to ask people for help, and it got them in situations that turned for the worse.

"You kids are frustrating, but also much smarter than we where" He spoke up stopping in front of them," It was smart to come to us and you avoided unnecessa —" He eyed Fangs' grazed torso and scrunched his nose," more unnecessary bloodshed"

"Please don't tell us you're going to make us sit this out," Anthony said impatiently and FP sighed at him," No, we won't" The others all smiled but he raised his hands to stop them," You are all going home, and getting rest. All of you looked like you'd been hit by a bus, and your health is important"

"Wha—" Anthony was about to retort but Lorenzo cut him off," Anthony enough" his voice sounded weak making the teenager stay silent," You all done enough, you all endured enough—And I know it kills you all just to sit back, but understand from our perspective"

"You all been unreachable for days, and you have no idea how unsettling we all felt. We all resulted in nearly going to the police, but you know what stopped us?" FP asked and they looked at him waiting for his answer.

"Our trust in you guys, we noticed how distant you all were before you all disappeared, and we respected it. Though, finding out you'd been held captive, it makes us angry that we failed to notice it. So, allow us to fix our mistake and save Marnie and stop those two insane teens" FP ended

"Let this be for us to show you all that we are a family, and you should never feel like you can't talk or ask us for anything. It is our job to do the dangerous work, not yours, okay?" Lorenzo said as he looked at each of them but mostly to Anthony," I know you feel like you are in this by yourself, but you're not" This time he was directly just speaking to him.

"I'm not just taking care of you because I'm fulfilling your parents' wishes. God Anthony, I care about you and Marnie so much you are both my kids now. I love you guys so much, and it hurts me to know I failed to notice all of this, so please for me—no for FP and I, just please, make us do this"

Anthony looked to the floor feeling the tears ready to fall as it formed in his eyes," I'm so sorry Lorenzo, for lying and keeping this all from you" He mumbled but was quickly pulled into a tight embrace," All is forgiven just save the rest of it for your sister"

Lorenzo pulled out of the hug and looked at him," We will save her I promise you, so please for the sake of our worries. Please all of you, go home and wait for us" This time no one had tried to fight it as they all finally agreed.