CHAPTER THIRTY

"This is a joke, right?" Toni let out a dry laugh, peering over Marnie's shoulder as they looked inside the Gomez's locker," I thought this only happened in those cheesy ass movies" Pea said in the most unamused voice he could muster

"This is a joke, right?" Toni let out a dry laugh, peering over Marnie's shoulder as they looked inside the Gomez's locker," I thought this only happened in those cheesy ass movies" Pea said in the most unamused voice he could muster. Meanwhile, Fangs was pacing behind them, and Jughead was leaning into the trashed locker like he was a private detective.

"So, did they ever warn you about this in Juvie?" Pea asked receiving an elbow in his ribs by Toni who knew it wasn't time for his jokes," So, anything coming to mind Jug?" Marnie asked looking at him, while he had a grim look on his face.

"We now know it's definitely personal," Jughead said and they all looked at him, as he handed Marnie a photo. Fangs was quickly by her side, and frowned," Hell, now I feel like we should call the police"

"You can't" Jughead spoke up and Fangs looked up about to retort, but Marnie was already looking at the back of the photo," Call the police, and there will be videos online, and more photos printed. We wouldn't want you and your brother to be separated, now do we? Let's play a game, Marnie and friends, first hint; It's closer than you think." Toni read out the words and groaned.

Sweet Pea slammed the locker shut as he leaned on it," So, they want to play games now do they?" Fangs took the photo out of her hand, quickly burning it with his lighter. He didn't like seeing a photo of Marnie that was not consensual. The fact it was taken during night time, and through her bedroom window, was enough for him to want to destroy it.

"I don't want to take this lightly, I don't want to test them, and who knows what videos they have out there. So, we have no choice but to start this game of theirs" Fangs seethed as he leaned on the locker with Sweet Pea.

"It's closer than you think" Marnie mumbled over and over trying to figure out the first clue," We don't have a time limit, right?" Toni asked as she balanced on her toes, trying to not have a nervous breakdown.

"Even if we do or don't, I prefer to get this over with, because it said Marnie and Friends, then what are the chances they have something against us as well? I mean, shit, guys" Pea stepped up and paced," We are in a gang, and you know how easy it's for anyone to manipulate people into thinking we did something. Let's face it, if someone actually got murdered, who'd be the first people to be accused without actual evidence" He said quickly biting his thumb.

"Us!" He waved his hand," We will be the first ticket to their victory" Fangs looked at his tall friend also knowing that despite them not doing anything illegal, the fact that they were in a gang was enough for them to be in trouble.

"I hate that everyone is involved because of me" Marnie looked down hugging herself, but Fangs smiled quickly pulling her in his arms," The moment they stabbed one of our own brothers, we all got involved, so let's play their game, and prove to them, that nothing can take us down"