Part 35

Ae Ra: The friend zone

I listened to my only 'friends' Mirae and Woonji as they talked on and on about Hoseok and his sexy body like he was some piece of meat, while we were putting make-up on boys, getting them ready for the concert. They had their earphones plugged in, hearing absolutely nothing (thank the long), Yoongi was asleep, Jimin's head resting on his shoulder.

They were indeed together now and once the staff found out, they instantly began wondering what will happen to Hoseok. There were even some rumors going around that he was intending to date one of us. As if, I thought.

It's not that I didn't believe it, but the thought alone made my stomach churn. It was logical as he was my best friend. Nothing more, though - he wouldn't let us become anything more and I knew that.

I even used to hook him up with my friends years ago.

When he was coming home late at night, smelling of alcohol and woman perfume, it hurt so much. The only way to cope with it was to date other guys, boys that didn't look one bit like my Hoseokie. That was the reason we broke up too.

The first one wasn't tall enough, the second didn't know how to dance and the third didn't chew loud enough. In conclusion - they weren't enough.

The only way to satisfy my needs was to get him.

Everything in me screamed to claim, no, to submit to him, to let him have me the way he wanted. But I knew he didn't like me like that, he was just lonely and needed a friend, which happened to be me. If I confessed ninety-nine times, he'd reject me a hundred.

That's just how it was.

"Don't you think so, Ae Ra?"

I snapped my head up at the mention of my name, finding the girls staring at me.

"W-what?"

Woonji scoffed: "Weren't you listening?"

I shrugged as I dragged the make-up brush over Jungkook's cheekbone. He shuddered at the touch, furrowing his cute little eyebrows. He grew up so well- he was tall, busky and manly - yet he will forever be my cute lil bunny.

"Not really," I finally answered.

"Well, we were talking about Hoseok-oppa."

Oppa.

The word brought an ugly feeling in my chest. If it was just jealousy or a need to kill, I'll never know.

"What about him?"

Mirae smiled dreamily as she applied hair lotion into Tae's hair a little too rough and I felt Jungkook tense in his seat. I told him not to reach with my eyes, seeing that Taehyung was still sleeping soundly.

"We just noticed how hot he is."

My hands froze in the air, earning a worried look from our youngest.

"I agree, Ae Ra. Oh, the things I'd let him do."

I gagged silently.

"Sis, I'd ride him like a horse."

Woonji giggled flirtily as she batted her eyelashes at the sleeping form of Hoseok.

He was cuddled up in a fluffy white blanket, head leaned back at the wall, mouth open wide and a little bit of drool oozing out. He was adorable, even though I knew he was anything but cute when stage. Sweaty Hoseok in tight pants and with that killer smile - I bet that's what they were talking about.

"I used to wake up at the crack of dawn just to watch him exercise in the gym."

I scoffed because only a week ago she said she was doing it for Jungkook. Fucking liar.