Chapter I

Miles shifted uncomfortably in the limo his mother owned, said woman was across from him with a smile on her face. They had just moved a few days ago and they were going to - what would hopefully be - his new school, Ouran Academy, to enroll him. His mother, Min-Lee, had no doubts that they could pay the tuition, they had an empire of award winning books that gave them billions in net worth after all.

Miles' mother thought that since they had they money, they could go back to her home country of Japan for a little to get back in touch with her roots. Miles, while being conceived in Japan and being there for the first three years of his life, had no idea what it was like and was nervous to be there. Min-Lee seemed to sense her son's worry, as she reached over and gently grabbed his hand to ground him.

The red eyes twitched behind the glasses before stuttering to a stop on the woman in front of him. The tan skin and black hair contrasted starkly to his own white hair and extremely pale skin. They didn't know where the condition of albinism came from, but they suspected it was from his unknown father. It didn't matter either way, it's not like the ailment would go away.

When he was young, Min-Lee thought he wouldn't make it. Miles was a tiny baby and later on, a very below average child. He was weak, had a hard time building muscle mass, had weak eyes and a constricted spine, keeping his back in a little slump. Don't get her wrong, her son was gorgeous, but he was also so obviously frail and it scares her. Miles smiled at his mother, his fingers twitching as he held onto her warm hand.

"It'll be fine mother, I'll be alright" Min-Lee nodded, smiling back. "I know dear, I just want to make sure you're okay with this" Miles smiled wider hearing the mixture of accents in his mother's voice. The odd Japanese vocals with a coating of Greek always seemed to calm him. His own accent was mainly Greek, but he did have a hint of Japanese from his mother, just not as prominent.

"I am, it'll be interesting to see new things. Plus, this school is one of the best in Japan, I'll be in good hands" Min-Lee nodded, leaning over and kissing the top of her son's head. The limo started to slow and stop, indicating they had arrived to the high-end school. The small family of two nodded to each other in one last confirmation to one another that they could do this.

The two stepped out of the vehicle, walking hand-in-hand into the gigantic school. Miles swallowed thickly, adjusting his glasses with a shaking hand. He followed his mother through the maze of halls until they reached a sign that said 'Dean's Office'. Miles watched the tall woman next to him knock on the door before turning the handle. The dean was expecting them so they wouldn't be intruding them on anything.

Stepping in, they were greeted by an older looking man who was glancing through some papers. The man - presumedly the dean - gestured for them to sit down. Min-Lee started to talk to the man about Miles' enrollment while said boy soon zoned out, not really paying attention to the two. After about fourty-five minutes, his attention was brought back to situation with the man asking him a question that Miles didn't hear.

"Could you repeat that sir?" Miles asked, his Greek accent sounding thicker after little use of his vocal cords. The man smiled before repeating what he said. "I said, this might take a while, I have a student or two here for some things, they could show you around if you want?" Miles thought over it. It was a very big school, it might help that he have someone show him around if he was going to start attending this upcoming Monday - when school started up for this year. He nodded and the dean picked up a phone, asking one of the staff to bring a student - any student - to his office.

Miles stood carefully and moved a little closer to the door. Not five minutes later and a student with black hair and stylish glasses stepped into the room. "Kyoya, would you do me the favor of showing our possible new student around while I talk to his mother about his enrollment?" The boy, Kyoya, shifted his eyes to glance at the man before giving him a curt nod. "Of course, sir"

The man smiled as Kyoya turned and went out the door, gesturing for Miles to follow. The skinny boy took the hint and trailed after him, cursing silently at how fast the boy walked. "Could you, um, could you slow down, please?" The ravenette stopped suddenly, spinning around to look at Miles with a raised eyebrow. "Excuse me?" Miles didn't know if the boy meant to sound so snobby or not.

"Um, I need you to slow down, I-I can't walk that fast, my lungs are really weak" Miles explained, his bony hands nervously smoothing his vest out as the taller boy stared at him. There was a tense moment of silence before either of them spoke again. "Right, my apologies, I didn't realize I was troubling you" Kyoya stated, his voice low and monotone. Miles nodded, tilting his head a little as he felt his eyes twitch again. 

Kyoya glanced at him once more before he started walking, making sure to slow his pace. Miles smiled in relief, falling into step with the taller boy. The two walked around the school, Kyoya showing Miles all four libraries, some of the classes and the majority of the shortcuts before rounding back to the office they started at. "I wasn't able to show you everything, but I hope this helped anyways" The pale boy turned towards the ravenette, his own white, curly hair falling gently into his left eye.

"It helped wonders, I would have immediately gotten lost on the first day without your help" Kyoya nodded before opening the office door, gesturing for Miles to go on in. Miles smiled in thanks, going through the doorway to see his mother starting to stand and thanking the dean. At the sound of the door opening, she turned to face the two boys with a smile. "You got in sweetie" Min-Lee exclaimed, practically buzzing with joy. Miles smiled back, moving quickly over to her and hugging her.

Kyoya gently closed the door before turning to the direction of Library 2, the library he was taking residence in before he got called to show the new student around. It didn't take long for him to get to the library and go straight to his bag. He didn't know why, but he felt like something was gonna happen this year, and that kid would somehow be involved. Kyoya sighed as he put his bag on his shoulder and walked out of the library. He needed to figure out more about that kid. Miles Dontire, what an interesting name for an interesting kid.