Chapter 4

We lost the trial. The Survey Corps is taking in the Wall awful Titan Boy.

I will admit, I didn't think he was a Titan, because, well he looks like any average boy. As soon as the trial was over, Zackly called in Nile, Erwin, Levi, Titan boy and I to talk about the stupid Casino.

"I hope everyone is having a good day." Zackly starts and I grimace.

"I was until now." I retort and place a hand on my forehead, then running my hands through my blonde hair.

"Since we have already gone through with the trial, we are ready to take on Casino Ringstar. Eren Yeager, please sit there with no questions." Zackly replies, "Eve, have you planned anything?"

"I spoke to Hans." I sigh, "According to the previous soldier that worked on this, the setting of Casino Ringstar is completely formal and they have a schedule. The first thing they do is have drinks and small bites. He claimed they call it Starters and usually people spoke and enjoy themselves here.

Then they do some dancing. This I am most definitely not excited for because I don't know how to ballroom dance.

Then they start gambling. Casino Ringstar has low prices and high wins, but their food is apparently ridiculously expensive." I finish.

"Hans is making you an outfit?" Nile asks and looks at me concerned.

I clear my throat and look away, "Yes. Hans is."

"Who is Hans?" Levi suddenly asks.

Zackly glances over at Levi, "He is a man that makes clothes for the MPs missions. He has been in the Military Corps and the Engineering Corps, so he knows what he is doing. He has a way of hiding weapons in outfits or making outfits really easy to move around in."

"Who is paying for all of this?" Erwin asks, looking between Nile, Zackly, and myself.

"Me, of course." I answer in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Walls. It seems like a lot." Erwin raises an eyebrow.

"It is a lot." I roll my eyes, "I have nothing else to spend my money on anyway."

"You have no family?" Levi asks.

I glance over at him with disdain, "That is an inappropriate question, and if I'm being blunt, it is none of your business."

"I believe I have met your parents." Nile looks up into space and thinks, "Maybe once or twice."

"Thank you for your input, can we talk about the more serious matter here?" I turn to Zackly, "When am I starting?"

"When are we starting." Levi corrects me and I ignore him.

"If you go to Hans and give him Levi's measurements today, he should have it done in the next 2 days. Then you two will start immediately. Between now and then, try and train together." Zackly says and nods his head.

As if I am training with him.

"Thank you for meeting today. Safe journeys to your respected HQs." Zackly claps his hands together and I immediately stand up, desperate to leave.

I step out of the room and pass many MPs who salute me with a nod. A lot of them are upset that Titan boy is going to the Survey Corps but I honestly couldn't care less.

Life has become such a drag now.

I'm about to exit the building when I make eye contact with a tall man wearing a Survey Corps uniform.

I grin and start making my way towards him, while people part around me in fear. I notice him weaving through people and we eventually meet in the middle.

He salutes me and I chuckle, copying his actions. "Why weren't you at the meeting?" I ask.

I was always good friends with Mike before everything changed, and sometimes I still feel like we have that relationship.

"I had to mind the HQ." He chuckles, "I hear you have another mission..?"

"Yup." I reply then frown, "But I'm not doing it by myself this time."

"Unfortunately I heard." Mike sighs, "Captain Levi. He can be quite rude sometimes."

Sometimes he said.

"It's really putting me off." I chuckle and look away, "Working with other people is not one of my skills."

"It's noticeable." He mutters. I gasp and he chuckles.

"Well then." I start and smile, "I have to patrol so I'll see you another time." I salute again and Mike does the same, nodding and walking off.

I start walking towards the exit again when someone intercepts me and my beautiful door.

"I saw you!!" Nile exclaims. I ignore him and continue walking away. "You and Mike are such goods friends. You should try to become more."

That makes me glare at him, "Watch your mouth." I say and Nile chuckles. "I'm going to patrol after meeting my squad. Leave me alone." I say and nonchalantly wave my hand before finally leaving.

I place my hands behind my back and walk out. Mike is a good guy though.

***

After I returned from patrolling the interior, I head to my office to relax. Just as I sit down there is a knock at my door.

"I swear if this is Nile..." I mutter and open the door. I immediately meet a pair of steely blue eyes. "What in the Walls do you want?" I ask, completely done with life all of a sudden.

Levi looks at me like I am crazy, "We are going to Ham. Or whatever his name is."

"Hans." I correct him, then give him an are you crazy look. Whose name is Ham? "If you're hungry you should have eaten before coming." I mumble.

I turn around and grab my boots and jacket, putting them on and I am about to leave when I notice Levi sitting on one of the chairs. "Excuse me.." I start and glare at him, "Who inside these Walls has given you permission to enter my office?"

Levi stands up and ignores me, leaving the room. "Thank you." I fake smile and lock the office before leaving.

I lead the way out of the HQ and we head over to Hans.