Chapter 9

The plan wasn't anything difficult to understand. We would visit the Casino every day for the next seven days. We have to show off, acting like we have lots of money, and try to get the attention of the higher-ups. We will pretend to want to invest in the Casino and become apart of the board of directors. From there, we will do our best to arrest everyone and uncover what's really going on in their backroom. We discussed what we would claim are our professions and life story. Levi would meet me at my house tomorrow evening and there would be a carriage waiting for us.

Of course, there were some smaller details and some details that may change after we arrive, but otherwise, that was the basic plan we would follow during the mission.

"Well, that's all. Right now, you need to familiarise yourself with my squad." I say to Levi and stand up, dropping my pen. I remove my glasses and place them on my desk.

"You're squad?" Levi asks, his eyes following me, "I thought that it was just us?"

"It is just us, but I've asked them to be on standby on the first and last day of the mission. In case anything goes wrong, or we need back up." I open my office door and step out, heading in the direction of my squad's recreational room. I open the door and everyone's eyes turn to me. I smile at them and they stand and salute.

"At ease guys. Let's go to my office. There's a mission starting tomorrow and I need you guys for an hour or two." I say, gesturing them to follow me. They stop saluting instantly.

"Yes, ma'am!" They say in unison and I chuckle.

"You guys practice that response?" I shake my head and a few laugh. I turn out of the room and lead them back to my office, which isn't far. I open the door and see Levi still lounging on the couch. I enter the room and stand in the middle, "Squad Captain Levi of the Survey Corps. This is the Special Operation Squad."

My squad salute and Levi stands up, nodding at them. "I'll go through their names now." I clear my throat and lift up my hand to point at them. "Otto Schmidt, the squad captain. Hitch Dreyse, Paul Fischer, Annie Leonhart, Frank Meyer, and Marlowe Freudenberg."

"I look forward to working with you guys." Levi says with a serious voice.

I smile, "Lovely." I grab a piece of paper and a pen and start writing. "In summary, I need you all tomorrow night at the gate the connects Wall Sina to Stohess at standby. There is a Casino nearby where the mission is taking place. I just need you guys to standby in case anything happens, and also to regulate what's going through the gate." I continue writing, "So in this letter, I'm giving you permission to take two pieces of 3DMG. That's for Otto and Paul, I need you guys on top of the wall. For two people to be on inspection duty tomorrow evening. That's for Annie and Frank. Hitch and Marlowe will patrol the area."

I sign off my name on the letter and hand it to Otto.

"Thank you, Eve." He nods at me, "At what time can we be expected?"

"Half seven. Captain Levi and I will be there at 8pm, which I think is when their rush starts." I smile and run my hand through my hair, "Two predicted situations will either occur. One, Both Levi and I will enter the establishment without any issues, in which case you guys will not be needed. Or Two, we will be refused entry in which we start an all-out fight against them and you guys will be needed for back up."

"Eve, You make it sound like it isn't a big deal." Hitch nervously laughs.

"That's how she is Hitch." Paul laughs and ruffles her hair, "You'll get used to it."

I chuckle, "Hitch don't worry. It really isn't a big deal. You guys are dismissed. Have a good day."

"Its night." Otto points out and I scowl.

"Go away." I retort and my squad laughs as they leave. I sigh and place my hands on my hips. I glance over at Levi and hand him a half-smile. "Anything else you want to discuss?"

Levi shakes his head and grabs his jacket. "Okay. Have a good night." I say and move over to my desk, relaxing in my chair.

"It's actually the evening." He says and I gape at him.

"Get the fuck out." I say and laugh afterwards.

***

I hear a knock on my door while I adjust my black wig in front of the mirror. I let out a sigh and make my way to the door. I open the door and see Levi standing there in full glory. He has his suit jacket hanging over his shoulder with his other hand holding his horse's reign. His black suit fits him perfectly, completely changing his usual look. "You can bring your horse around back." I say and gesture for him to follow me. I open my backdoor, entering my backyard. I hear Levi click his tongue and I briefly glance over at him. He doesn't say anything so I continue on my way and reach the stable. I open my gate wide enough and Levi secures his horse inside.

"The carriage is waiting." Levi says and I nod.

"Yeah. I know. Don't worry about that." I turn around and head back into my house, "I forgot to give you a wig earlier."

"Wig?" He asks.

"I'm wearing a wig." I reply bluntly.

"Yes. I see that." Levi scowls, "Do I require a wig?"

"Are you dumb?" I chuckle, "Mr. Humanities Strongest." I chuck a cap and blonde wig at Levi and gesture for him to put it on. "I hope you know how to put it on because I'm not helping." I cross my arms and wait for him. Oddly, Levi doesn't struggle too much and fixes it perfectly.

"I hope it doesn't fall off later." I mumble. "Let's go, yeah?" Levi nods and we leave my house. I make sure to lock my door before entering the carriage.

"Casino Ringstar." I say to the driver. Immediately he whips the horse's reigns and we are on our way.