Chapter 15

Ava's pov

We've been driving for a while now and Damien has repeatedly refused to tell me where he was taking me.

After persistently asking I decided to give up and just wait until we get there to find out.

"We're here" I looked at my surroundings to familiar myself with the place.

I read the sign on top of the building 'Bowling Alley'

Utterly surprised I said" this is the surprise; you're taking me to a bowling alley"

"Yes, is there a problem, I wanted to do something different instead of dinner only" he replied looking a bit nervous.

"I love it, I haven't been in ages. As a teen I always went to the bowling alleys. It's really the only type of sport I can tolerate" I sincerely replied but also wanting to reassure him.

"Are you ready to go in"

He got out of the car and so did I not wanting to waste any more time.

"Of course," I was like a kid on Christmas day.

We both walked towards the direction of the main door.

Damien opened the door for me, and I responded with a smile and "thank you"

There weren't that many people there. The place wasn't overly massive. It was of reasonable size with six bowling alleys.

We walked over to the counter where the shoes were sold.

Damien immediately asked what shoe size I was, and I responded with "size seven"

He told the scrawny looking teenager our shoe size with his being a size twelve.

The teen who goes by the name Samuel, according to his name tag turned around to where the shoes were and looked for our sizes.

I took this as an opportunity to look around more.

I noticed a group of teenagers in the far corner. They were competing against each other by the looks of it.

They seemed to be in two groups, some looked happy to be winning while others looked agitated.

A man teaching his daughter how to bowl caught my attention.

It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. The child looked about three.

She had her hair out and every time she rolled the ball, she'd happily jump up causing her wild curls to move with her.

She'd motion for her father to pick her up and him having no choice would surrender.

"Here's your shoes and that will be twenty Euro"

Damien payed him and grabbed the shoes.

"Where would you like to go" he asked motioning to the few available lanes" Damien asked.

Not really caring which one I said "the third one"

It was the one that happened to be beside the little girl and her father.

We sat on the small bench designated for each lane.

Damien handed me my shoes. As soon as I had mine on, I was ready to play.

"You know it might have been a bad idea to bring me here, unless you're okay with losing"

With the most confidence I could muster up I walked over to where the balls were and picked one up.

While I was doing that Damien was writing our names on the screen.

"You actually think you can beat me. I hope you have skill because you're playing against a bowling champion" Damien exclaimed in a playful manner.