Chapter 35

Aiden's pov

Ava and I made our way to the restaurant Susan explained her and her boyfriend is going to be.

The restaurant was located a little out of the city and it was not one I was familiar with. From the first impression it was lovely, small but organized.

For a four-star restaurant it sure looked more beautiful than expected. When we got into the room where most people sat, Ava and I looked around for Susan.

Luckily it did not take us long to find her as she spotted us and waved for us to join them.

I noticed there was a man beside her who seemed to be looking through the menu. From his side profile I could tell he was of Asian descent like Susan. He also wore a casual white shirt and jean trouser. Overall, he seemed like a chilled down to earth type of guy or at least that's what I have gathered from his appearance. Upon noticing that we were approaching he turned around.

His eyes lit up as he recognized me. He immediately got up slightly and held his hand out to shake mine. Although Ava was in front of me, the man saw it fit to greet me first.

'Mr. Morgan it's an absolute pleasure to meet you. It's an extreme honor that you would take the time out of your busy schedule to join us for dinner' he exclaimed frantically as he reached out his hand towards mine.

I held out my hand and shook his 'it's nice to meet you too...'

'It's Maxwell, sir'

'Maxwell'

I let go of his hand which he held tighter than I would have liked. I turned my attention to Ava saying 'I'm sure you haven't met Ava yet'

'Ava, you are Susan's friend, right? She has said nothing but wonderful things about you' Maxwell praised as he shook hands with Ava.

'How sweet. It's lovely to meet you. Susan has been hiding you away!' Ava jokes while looking slightly in the direction of Susan who sat at the opposite side of the table observing the scene in front of her with a smile on her face.

'Have a seat, I'm so glad you two were able to make it' Susan exclaimed gesturing to the two empty seats.

I let Ava take a seat before me. Which meant she sat beside Susan while I sat beside Maxwell.

I slowly began to hate my chosen seat as Maxwell immediately started asking me questions.

'Mr. Morgan I am a photographer and I run my own small company. I have tried to get in contact with you but have failed multiple times. My letters and emails are always overlooked which I'm not surprised. I can only imagine how busy your schedule is'

'Have you? as you stated my schedule is extremely busy and we do get many letters and emails on a daily basis. I would advise you to send them through Susan since you know her, and she also works for the company'

'Okay sir, is there a phone number I can call or personal email I can get to ensure I am able to contact you in the event that you don't get it through Susan'

'I can't disclose that information. Please send it through Susan'

'Okay sir, thank you for your time'

Glad that he had stopped asking questions for now, I picked up the menu which was placed neatly on the marble table in front of me. I looked through the menu trying to decide what to order but I could not get myself to concentrate.

How could I when Ava is sat in front of me with that dress on. I looked as the dress clung on to every curve.

She did not reveal much yet I couldn't get my mind to focus on anything else. She had her hair styled to perfection.