Chapter 21

Ava's pov

The rest of game's night was uneventful. There was tension left in the air from the havoc Miranda caused.

She really changed the atmosphere of the room, we continued to eat and play games, but you could sense anxiety and uncertainty in the room.

We decided to watch Lion King since Madagascar got the least number of votes. I honestly don't know how, Madagascar is better especially when they went to the motherland, Africa.

I've been lazy all day, I woke up extremely exhausted from the events of last night. Miranda's threat has had me fearing for my life. I didn't want to know what she had up her sleeve or what she was going to do to me. Miranda isn't the type of person you should cross.

I couldn't care less about her antics, but something about her tone of voice is telling me to watch my back and be alert at all times.

I may even have to sleep with one eye open.

I decided to put on a movie on Netflix, in an attempt to clear my head. I scroll through but nothing caught my attention.

I settled on YouTube instead. As I was scrolling through it, I saw that 'jubilee' had posted a video titled '6 Jewish vs 1 non-Jewish'.

I honestly love watching these series on their channel. I've only ever guessed one correctly, which was '6 Christians vs 1 secret atheist' I could tell from the jump who wasn't Christian.

'Ding' I heard a notification, indicating that someone had texted me.

I picked up my phone not forgetting to pause the video while I did so. I looked at my phone only to see a text from Damien saying he was on his way over here.

In a panic, I quickly got out of bed and tried to clean up the mess I had created. I wasn't expecting anyone, so I didn't bother myself with cleaning.

I picked up the clothes I wore last night off the ground, I put them into my washing basket. I grabbed the hover and started cleaning of the dirt that was on the floor.

While I was doing so, I opened the window to let some fresh air in since it was slightly congested in here. I sprayed some air freshener around my apartment.

I quickly removed my clothes and changed into something more presentable.
Luckily, I had already taken a shower earlier in the morning so I didn't have to.

I heard my phone go off, I picked it up and it read; ' I'm at your apartment entrance buzz me in'

I buzzed him and made sure everything was in its place.

After a while I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see a smiley Damien with a few snacks in his hands.

'I thought I'd come by and spend some time with you' Damien exclaimed as I let him in. I closed the door after he was in. I got the snacks from him and placed them on my coffee table in the living room where the rest of last night's snacks were.

There was so much food left from last night, I gave some of what was left to everyone when it was time to leave. There were a few non-perishable items, I left in the office kitchen for lunch time.

'So what movie are we watching' Damien asked while making himself more comfortable on my couch.

'Mmm, I was watching a video on YouTube, but we can watch a movie on Netflix' I suggested.

I put on Netflix on my television, which stood on the wall in my sitting room.

'So, what movie do you want to watch?' I asked while flicking through what was available on Netflix.