Chapter 52

"Hoseok, you can't be sitting here all day just because I own this café"

"Why not? I am looking after you", he scoffs "Anyway...I heard he came back as well", he added while scrolling his phone.

Eri sighs as she rolls her eyes, crossing her arms furiously. Hoseok is always being Hoseok—the overprotective brother. Not in a bad way, but in a good way. Hoseok is always there for her, despite his busy schedule, one call from her and he will be at her doorstep at no time. The same goes for Hani and Risa, he made it clear that he will be there if they need any help—literally anything. Living in the states, he frequently dropped by the girls' apartment during holidays and took his time off whenever the girls need him. He is the brother everyone needs in their life.

"I know he came back. I know he is here. But it doesn't matter. There's nothing between us anymore. Why would you worry?"

"I know Joon, he will come back for you. I mean, I know him like the back of my hand. He won't let you go just like that. I can bet he wouldn't accept that you are fine without him", he sighs. "Are you sure you are doing the right thing? Breaking it off?"

"I thought you're on my side. You saw that he cheated on me. Why would I give him another chance? She was there in his room, why would—never mind. I don't want to talk about this. Whatever he does, I don't want to know. Please don't bring this up again"

Hoseok looks at his sister, feeling guilty for accidentally bringing up about Namjoon whilst knowing that Eri would hate that. But as Namjoon's best friend, he is torn between two sides of the story. He remembers how Eri literally stormed out of his shared apartment with Namjoon, tears on her eyes as she slammed the door on his face. He was confused but then seconds later, Namjoon came rushing towards the door while struggling to put on a shirt. He watched him chasing after his sister, but then his eyes caught a sight of another girl walking out of Namjoon's room. Thus, that explained everything.

"I am sorry. I won't do that again"

Eri pressed her lips as she looks down at her cup of coffee, mind drifting away as it travels back to the day she decided to call it off. She couldn't believe Namjoon dared to cheat on her while she was honestly and entirely loyal to him all those years. She was so happy when they were together, and Namjoon could be the best boyfriend she could ever asked for. But, that night, that particular night when they fought over a silly matter and decided to take a break—Namjoon messed up.

"I am not going to lie but I miss him", she uttered under her breathe, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I know", he pauses. "Don't hide anything from me again. You are too quiet these days. I literally had to fly here just to see you and I am happy that you are keeping yourself busy with work. God knows how I am entirely grateful that Hani and Risa are here with you"