Chapter 68

"Why were you running away?", his raspy voice echoes in her ears

"I-I wasn't"

"You were", he smirks as his hand stretched to the back, locking the door with a click.

Her eyes widened when he locked the storeroom, which means, he is definitely not letting her run away again this time. She tries to distant herself from him, inching backward slowly but then realizing that the storeroom is not that big for her to roam around.

"I had to do this because you kept avoiding me"

"I wasn't avoiding you", she snaps.

"Then why did you run away when you saw me just now?", tilting his head, a slight smirk appearing on his almost too perfect face

"I wasn't running away from you. Why can't you believe me?", she sighs, looking away in annoyance.

Taehyung watches as she looks entirely enraged, catching that hints of redness on her cheeks making her look just too adorable for him to handle. It takes every bit of his self-control not to pull her into a hug and tell her how bad he has missed her while she was gone. Everything is at the tip of his tongue, but he needs to be patient, taking one thing at a time.

"Tell me. What can I do so that you'll forgive me?", he asked softly.

"Mister Kim, we have a meeting and I think we should go"

"The meeting can wait", he paused with a smile. "But this can't"

"What is that you want to talk about? What is that you can't wait till the meeting is over?"

"I told you I love you and you left me hanging. You're at fault for putting me in this miserable state", he crosses his arms, tilting his head slightly.

"Are you saying is my fault? Why is it my fault?", she gasped. "You were the one who suddenly kissed me out of nowhere, making me feel so...so...I just—ughh", she gave up, crossing her arms as well averting his eyes.