XXXVIII

THIRTY EIGHT
─────── ✩《❂》✩ ───────

Tony made his way over to where Stephen was. He took off his helmet to talk to him. "Hey. You said one out of 14 million we win, yeah? Tell me this is it."

"If I tell you what happens, it won't happen." He replied sternly. Tony breathed out nervously.

"You better be right." He eyed him closely. He didn't know what he was going to do if this wasn't that reality. Hope and Scott made their way into the van. They started getting to work, but they were running into problem after problem.

"Sire," Ebony Maw got Thanos's attention and pointed to Clint, who was still running across the field with the gauntlet in hand. Everyone out there wanted that gauntlet, but he wasn't going to let the enemy have it. Everyone's lives depended on it.

"Clint!" T'Challa called, and he removed his mask. It was ironic, because the only words T'Challa had ever said to him before was I don't care. "Give it to me." He took it, then ran quickly and swiftly throughout the battlefield. He came face to face with Thanos. Wanda landed between them. She stared at him with a fire in her eyes.

"You took everything from me." She spoke through gritted teeth.

"I don't even know who you are." He replied nonchalantly, unaware of what she is capable of.

"You will." She used her powers to raise masses of debris. He ran towards her, not fazed, but as soon as she started throwing the masses at him, he realized how powerful she was. T'Challa turned and ran the other way. Ebony Maw tried to take the gauntlet from him, and Peter swung by and grabbed it with his web.

"I got it!" He yelled. When he landed and all the enemies started coming for him, he let his suit take over. "Activate Instant Kill!"

Wanda struggled to prevent Thanos from hitting her with his sword, but as her anger became overwhelming, she threw him back. She sent his sword flying, and it broke. She lifted him up, slowly taking apart his armor. He was getting scared then. "Rain fire!"

"But, sire, our troops!"

"Just do it!" He demanded, and multiple bombs started raining down on the field. Wanda attempted to stop the one coming straight for her, but she was unsuccessful and blown away. Wong, Stephen, and the rest of them used magic to create shields over the ones without protection. As Pepper was flying around, she glanced over and saw the lake start pouring down into the divot that acted as their battlefield.

"Is anyone else seeing this?" She asked. Stephen turned around and began using his magic to stop it.

"I got this!" Peter spoke to himself as he allowed his suit to take over. Lots of enemies came towards him. "Okay, I don't got this. Help, somebody help!"

Steve heard this when Meredith started heading towards him. "Hey, Queens, heads up!" He threw Mjølnir his way, and Peter webbed onto it. It carried him through the field until a bomb severed his grasp on it.

"Hang on, kid, I got you." Pepper grabbed him and flew him above. She swung him up to Valkyrie, and he climbed onto her Pegasus.

"Hey! Nice to meet you— Oh, my God!" He yelled when he was pulled away. He was knocked off the Pegasus when another bomb hit them. He grabbed onto the gauntlet and held it tightly.

"Pete, where are you?! Pete!" Meredith yelled into her communicator as he was knocked back by a blast. His suit was damaged, and he was just trying to shield himself from the relentless blasts. All of them were really taking a hit. "Pete!"