forty-two : first time with you

waking up to the sun shining in the room, i let out a muffled groan. i looked to my left to see my husband still sleeping. his arm wrapped loosely around my body and i smiled sleepily at the sight of him. his mouth was in a pout, one side of his face were pressed into the pillow. the small bruise that i left on his neck was showing. i'm proud of myself that i did that. i slowly got up and walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

i walked towards the floor to ceiling window, crossing my arms. 

i looked out and saw the skyscraper of the australian morning. the sun was still orangey. the scenery made me smile a little. i thought back of the time when grayson would always hug me from behind as we looked at sceneries. no matter where we are. that will always be our position when it comes to seeing sceneries.

i closed my eyes a little bit, trying to take in how beautiful the scene looked like from up here. it was truly beautiful. the thought of not having indigo and benson around still lingers in my head but i know that they're safe. i was scared that indigo will be sick due to the changes in places and weather.

she's still small and she gets sick very easily and that's what's on my mind since last night before grayson and i went to sleep. he was telling me not to worry about indigo so much. we facetimed cameron yesterday and she showed indigo to us, playing with her toys. benson was playing games with ethan as usual.

he tells me, "mommy, i really want to talk to you but i can't let uncle ethan win me! i'm sorry!" i just laughed and shook my head at his words. he was having fun without grayson and me.

as i continued staring at the beauty in front of me, i felt arms around my torso and a chin resting on my shoulder. in the reflection of the glass window in front of me, i see grayson.

"why are you up so early?" he slurred, his eyes still closed.

"i don't know. i just woke up a few minutes ago, gray." i replied, holding onto his arms.

then, it was quiet. he was also looking at the view outside. suddenly, i felt a warm breath on my neck before a lip planted itself on it. my head involuntarily tilted to the side, giving him more access to be comfortable. a small moan left my lips.

"grayson.."

he hummed in response, carrying on with whatever he's doing. i wanted to pull away but i know grayson wouldn't give me a chance to escape. he's extra clingy after not seeing me for a few weeks. that's what he said when i asked him yesterday. he even followed me to the bathroom. that was when i realised that he was clingy.

when i felt his arms loosening, i took this as a signal to escape. a loud whine escaped his lips and i turned around to look at him. his arms were on his sides, shoulder slouched and a pout was playing on his lips. this sight made me giggle. he's basically benson but the older version.

"well, i'm going to have a bath. you can join me if you want." i suggested and that made him perk up his ears, looking at me with a grin on his face.

i shook my head and went to make my way towards the bathroom. i glanced back a little to see grayson still grinning to himself. i turned on the tap, filling the tub up with water. adding some soap to the tub, i waited for it to bubble up. when i realised that grayson is not going to come in at any minute, i stripped myself quickly and got into the tub after tying a messy bun on top of my head.

i leaned my head against the tub and closed my eyes. it has been a while since i got a bath like this. it's because i had to put extra attention on indigo and was scared that something might happen while i take a bath.

i thought that grayson would've joined me by now. i decided to ignore and just enjoy my bath. not even a second later, i felt lips on mine and i opened my eyes slightly and found grayson right in front of me. he wasn't wearing any shirt.