forty-nine : i drugged you

late, late update! sorry for the postpone! i originally planned to update on new years but something came up! thank you for your patience! anyways, happy new years !! ❤️❤️

reffda's pov

vincent and i were having our lunch and his phone rang. he answered the phone with a smile. just by looking at his smile, i knew that he was talking to his boyfriend. i smiled to myself.

my hand instinctively went to my tummy and i started rubbing at the side. i smiled when i felt a little flutter on the spot next to my belly button. i continued rubbing the spot. i can't wait for grayson to be able to feel his kicks.

the both of us went home after we got our takeouts for benson and alice. i've been getting backaches a lot lately and usually when i have it, i will ask grayson to massage me but now that grayson is not around, i will need to massage it on my own. once the pain stop, my arms will be the ones that start hurting.

when we reached home, alice was vacuuming the floor. the kids are nowhere to be seen. as if she knew what i was thinking about, she told me that the kids are sleeping in the room. i looked at the time and saw that it was their afternoon nap timing. i nodded my head and thanked her.

i went to my room with the kids inside and saw them next to each other. benson had his hands on indigo's. i cooed at the sight and went ahead to get changed. i grabbed a pair of sweatpants and grayson's shirt, changing into them quickly.

i felt tired so i went to the armchair that was right next to the bed and sat there as i felt myself drift to sleep.

i felt someone tugging on my arm a few hours later and opened my eyes to see benson smiling at me. i glanced at my bed and didn't see indigo around so i assume that she's outside with vincent. i looked out of the window and saw that it was already dark. how long did i actually sleep?

benson got on my lap carefully and hugged me tightly.

as my baby boy grows in my tummy, i couldn't help but wonder how it would be if i don't survive when giving birth to this baby. i didn't have these thoughts when i was pregnant with indigo but i have no idea why the thought suddenly came into my mind. grayson would've whacked some senses into me if i ever were to think that way in front of him.

when i think about it again, there's a possibility of me not surviving when giving birth. i shook the thought out of my head and went to carry benson, going out of the room. indigo was playing with rylah and vincent while alice was in the kitchen, probably preparing dinner.

i placed benson on the ground and i looked at indigo. when she saw me, she immediately squealed and crawled quickly towards me. a grin played on my lips as i lfited her up from the ground. i kissed her cheeks a couple of times, making her giggle loudly.

"how's my little girl?" i cooed, looking at her face, wiping of her drool from the corner of her mouth.

she started babbling some things out of her mouth and i smiled at her. she was slowly understanding things around her and she responds by babbling things when we ask her questions. she's almost eight months old now and it's really upsetting to see her growing up so fast.

once we've had dinner, we decided on having a movie night because it's a friday. of course, we chose a family-friendly movie because of the kids. we settled on watching toy story because the three of them like toy story.

indigo started crying halfway through the movie and i handed over to vincent while i make for her her milk. as i went to make the milk, i heard a knock on the door. vincent always attend the door whenever someone comes because he said it might not be safe for me if i were to open the door.