Chapter 21 - Knuckles dies

Sonic kneels dow picks up the bleeding and bruised Knuckles and said in tears, K-Knuckles...I-I'm so..so sorry!.. Knuckles said heavily breathing, n-now that's the S-Sonic I kn-know...*sniffs* I-I miss the old you. Sonic said in tears, Knux!..please hold on!..*shaking* this is all my fault!..me and my dumb obsession! Sonic cried before Knuckles said, S-Sonic..it w-wasn't your fault...Exe manipulated you... Sonic said as he held the echidna close, p-please hang in there I'm sorry!...I-I need you! Knuckles whispered, I meant what I-I said to you...I love you Sonic...no matter what.. Sonic whispered as tears stream down his face, wh-why?. Knuckles said weakly as Sonic took his hand, c-cause your a real good person Sonic...I love you for w-who you are...I'm willing to die for you...no matter what... Knuckles used the last of his strength to kiss Sonic on the cheek before he took one last breath and died. Sonic then said shaking him awake, Knux!...DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE!!..KNUCKLES NO PLEASE!!!..Knux?..*gasped as he felt no pulse* n-no!..Knuckles...y-you can't be gone..you just can't...I don't hate you...I love you so much...I always loved you...you were real funny and more caring than anyone else...I can't loose you! Sonic cried while holding onto Knuckles as if holding on for dear life. Manic placed a hand on his shoulder and said in concern and sadness, he's gone Sonic...there's nothing we can do for him now. Sonic said in sorrow, but I...I felt like an idiot!..it's all my fault...if I.. Manic cut him off and said, I know Sonic..but it wasn't your fault..you were only trying to bring mom back. Then Silver appeared and looked at Knuckles with sorrow..then all of a sudden he found a way to bring him back, I got it!..I know how to bring him back. Sonic asked, what? Silver said as he looked at Sonic, you'll see... then Silver pulled out a green chaos emerald (which is the master emerald in miniature size) and said, just stand back okay? Sonic and Manic nodded and obeyed before Manic hugged Sonic for comfort.