Chapter 27

Elise woke to a pounding headache. She looked around but it was pitched dark. Thinking that it was just her eyes that needed to adjust she waited but she was still surrounded in complete darkness. She reached out around her and felt a wall on her left side and nothing on her right. She was afraid to move any further not knowing what was there.
   She felt a flutter in her stomach and she fought the urge to cry. She thanked God that her baby was okay. Five minutes later a door opened  and a bright light appeared. She listened to everything. Every sound but nothing. Wherever she was she was inside something medal. She was laying on a mat of some sort. A figure begin walking toward her.
   “Someone is finally woke.” She didn't recognize the voice. 
   “Why didn't you just kill me?” She said angrily. What was that you shot me with?” Realising she had no bullet wounds. 
   “Out with the questions already huh?” He said humor in his voice.
   “Why wait? So why am I still alive?”
   “We have plans for you.”
   “When my husband and crew find you they're going to fuckin kill you!” She said in anger and the man laughed.
   “If they touch me then you die.”
   “You should've just killed me then.”
   “I'll kill you once I'm done with you.”
   “What do you want?” She yelled.
   “I want you to suffer.”
   “Who are you working for? George?” There was a pause and she knew she got her answer then. “You agree with what he's doing? You agree with the kids that he was and still is hurting? You're a pervert just like him.” She watched as he stormed toward her and she groaned once he slapped her.
   “It’s about the money for me. Don't compare me to him.”
   “But you are him. You're helping him harm kids! You're a coward!” She groaned again when he snatched her up onto her feet.
   “Listen you little bitch. I have a child. I'm nothing like him.” He cried out once she head butted him in the mouth she then tried to make a run for it but another person grabbed her and she screamed.
   “Help! Help me!” Next thing she knew she felt a blow to the head then passed out.
   Elise woke with another mind blowing headache. She didn't know how long she was out but she was glad she still knew how to pick pockets.
   She listened for a minute to be sure that she was alone. She then pulled the phone out of her back pocket and immediately called Tim.
  “Please pick up.”
   Tim looked when his phone begin ringing. His didn't recognize the number but he answered anyway.
   “Hello?”
   “Tim.” She said with relief.
   “Elise?” He quickly stood motioning for everyone to come near him. “Where are you baby?”
   “I don't know.”
   “Anything. What's around you?”
   “Trace this number Tim. It's one of their phones. I stole it from them.” He immediately got to it.
   “Now where are you?”
   “In something medal. No windows or anything. Just medal in the complete dark. It's like the size of a small trailer.”
   “What can you hear?”
   “Nothing. I've been in and out of it. How long have I been gone?”
   “Two days now baby. I'm going to find you. I promise.” At that moment she broke down. “Baby, I need you to be strong. Please.”
   “Tim if my baby dies…”
   “We’re going to find you.” She looked when the doors begin to open.
   “Hold on. Don't say anything.” She slid the phone under the mattress.
   “Where is it you bitch?” She groaned when the man slapped her. Tim held his breath and balled his hand into fist as he paced.
   “Where's what?”
   “My phone you bitch.”
   “How am I supposed to know? I've been locked in here for hours. Here's a question. When are you going to give me something to eat?” He snorted and snatched her up.
   “I'll give everything to my fuckin dog before I feed you.”
   “Oh okay, so now I get it. You're racist. Feeding a dog before you feed a person. You fuckin pervert.” He threw her on the ground and went to kick her, and she balled up in a ball protecting her stomach. She let out a scream when he stomped her in the ribs.
   “Who's laughing now?”
   “You are. But in the end I will be. Fuckin coward.” She groaned out. He went to kick her again but a voice stopped him.
   “This is not what we agreed on.” It was Nathan. She laughed.
   “Here comes coward number two.” She spit blood out of her mouth.
   “Elise just tell him what he wants to know.”
   “What the fuck are you talking about? He didn't ask me anything. Just started hitting me because his dumb ass lost his phone.”
   “The money Elise. Where's the money?”
   “What are you talking about? And why are you asking for money. You're fuckin rich.” There was a pause and she laughed. “You're broke? Nathan Greenhouse is broke? How? Spending it on a bunch of hookers I bet.”
   “Enough Elise. Where's the fuckin money?”
   “What money? What are you talking about?”
   “Timothy Hoskins. That's your fiance right?”
   “So?”
   “He's rich.”
   “You got the wrong Timothy Hoskins.”
   “I don't.” He got in her face. “I know he's sitting on cash.”
   “So you stoop to this level Nathan? You take the illegal route because you're too fuckin lazy to get a damn job?”
   “Where's the damn money Elise?” He grabbed her by the shirt.
   “I didn't know that Tim was rich. I still think you got the wrong person. But if he is rich I swear I didn't know.”
   “What kind of fiance don't know that there fiance has money?”
   “This fiance didn't know. So you're helping these child molesters all because of money? At least George is trying to kill me because of his brothers death, but you have no real reason to be doing this other than you're fuckin lazy.” She laughed out loud and he shoved her away.
   “Kill her.” He turned to walk away and the other guy begin coming towards her.
   “Okay okay. I have to call him in order to get this money.”
   “Give her your phone.”
   “I lost it. That's why I’m in here.” Nathan sighed.
   “I'll get mine.” They both left and she collapsed on the floor. Grabbing the phone she said.
   “You're rich Tim?” 
   “I heard everything and he's right. I am rich. They kidnapped you because of me. I'm so sorry Elise.”
   “They kidnapped me because of George. He hired them. This isn't your fault Tim. You worked hard for what you have. Its Nathan's fault for being greedy. He didn't have to do this. You know what I was thinking though.” She said breathlessly. She had to slow her breathing because her ribs now may be broken.
   “What's that?”
   “Remember when those two men broke into your house? I bet you a million dollars that the one that got away was Nathan.”
   “You don't say.”
   “How else would he know that you have money? How else would he know that we were together?  He had to find something when he was snooping.”
   “It makes since.” He said rubbing his chin as he thought.
   “It does. It was him Tim. I can feel it. His name is…”
   “Nathan Greenhouse. I heard.” She coughed. Her ribs hurt like hell.
   “Yes. He was a rich man, once upon a time. He's going to come back and give me his phone to call you for ransom money. So I have to hang up. The guy can't find his phone for some reason.” Despite the situation they laughed. Leave it up to Elise to always have a sense of humor. “If you find Nathan Greenhouse then you'll find me. Oh and Tim?”
   “Yes beautiful?”
   “Don't kill him before you find me okay?”
   “You have my word.”