Settling in

Belle

I looked at the Beast while holding my bag.

"Follow me. I will show you to a bedroom," Beast said as I nodded. I followed beast up the staircase, and he showed me to a bedroom. "I will let you get settled." Beast turned and left.

I looked around and set my bag down as I noticed it decorated with simple items. It was quite modest.

"Hello?" Someone said.

My eyes darted around the room.

"Hello?" The voice said as I turned to see a teacup on the dresser.

I crept towards it and crouched to look at it.

"Don't mind me. Momma said I shouldn't bother people," the teacup said.

I smiled. "You're not a bother, not at all," I said.

The teacup smiled. "You're pretty and nice," the teacup complimented me.

"And you're sweet yourself. What's your name?" I asked.

"Teacup," Teacup said, proudly.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Belle," I said, placing my thumb and pointer finger on Teacup's handle and shaking it lightly.

"Are you here to keep Beast company?" Teacup asked me.

"Yes," I answered, smiling.

"That's nice because Beast doesn't have anyone but us," Teacup said, sighing. "I don't understand, because Beast is nice and lets me stay with him. Momma said not to bother Beast, but Beast said it's okay," Teacup said.

"Beast seems like a lovely man," I said.

"Beast is nice then he was when he arrived," Teacup mentioned.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Beast was angry and didn't speak to us. He yelled a lot. Then one night, I heard Beast crying. I told Beast not to cry, and I would be his friend," Teacup said as I listened. "That was the first time Beast smiled."

Teacup smiles proudly. I smiled back. I heard a knock at the door and stood up. I looked at the door as another tap came again.

"Belle, I'm checking to make sure you're okay," I heard Beast say through the door.

I walked over to the door and opened it, looking at Beast. He looked at me as I noticed something and I swear I had seen it. Beast looked at me as I looked into his eyes, which were amber in color.

"If you need nothing, I'm retiring to bed for the night," Beast said.

"No, I'm okay," I said as Beast nodded and turned, walking away. I stood there, perplexed. I know I saw those amber eyes somewhere, but it eluded me.

I closed the door and changed my clothes, then crawled into bed. I drifted off to sleep as a case illuminated in my bedroom.

*******
Damien

While Belle slept, I left, making a trek to a house. I came upon the small house near the woods and noticed the music box on the workbench. My face lit up, and I turned the handle, entering the room.

I went to pick up the music box when I noticed others. I walked over and picked up one, playing a song, which was Once Upon A Dream. I looked at the price and furrowed my brows. I pulled out the money and placed it on the workbench, then left.

I returned home and wrapped the music box in brown paper with a note. I carried the package to a house and set it on the porch, then rang the doorbell. I left quickly as the door opened.