Cookies

Belle

I went into the kitchen and searched for ingredients. I managed to scour the cabinets for everything I will need to make cookies. Setting out two bowls, I placed the dry mix in one while I mixed the other ingredients.

I concentrated measuring out the vanilla extract when someone leaned into my ear. "What are you making?" Beast asked me.

I turned and looked at Beast. "Christmas cookies," I answered, smiling.

"Would you like to help?" Beast asked.

"Yes, but we have a situation," I mentioned.

Beast looked at me curiously. I smiled.

*******
Damien

I stood there, unamused at having to wear an apron, gloves, and a cap on my head.

"Now, you may help me. We wouldn't want hair in the food," Belle reasoned.

I sighed as I helped Belle with making cookies. The cookie making was going fine until Belle flung flour on me while mixing ingredients. Belle's eyes widened as I looked at her.

"Oh, my," Belle said.

I picked up an egg and broke it over her head with one hand.

"Beast!" Belle exclaimed.

"Perhaps you should be careful," I suggested. I chuckled as the mixture got flung at my face. I shot a look at Belle.

"Oops," Belle said giggling.

That's all it took as we started flinging food at each other, making a mess of the kitchen. The floor became slippery, and Belle slipped, making me catch her.

I held Belle in my arms as she looked at me in awe. I wish I were human so that I could kiss her. I pulled Belle up and set her firmly on her feet.

"Thank you," Belle said, nervously.

"You're welcome," I said as Belle walked past me.

I watched Belle leave the kitchen and sighed.

"Tell Beauty how you feel," Candlestick said as I looked at the objects.

"Belle will never love a beast," I whispered.

"You never know," Candlestick said.

"Why would someone like Belle love someone like me?" I asked. The objects looked at me with compassion.

"Perhaps, before you release the girl, you will confess your feelings," Featherduster suggests.

I furrowed my brows.

"Love doesn't come from words. It comes from a feeling deep inside your heart. When two hearts connect, a deeper love develops. Real love is deeper than the ocean and greater than the sky," Teapot explained.

"I don't deserve love," I said, looking at my paws.

"Everyone deserves love," Teapot reasoned.

I looked at Teapot and the other objects.

"Beast, we will help you confess your love to Beauty," Candlestick declared, holding up a candlestick holder.

"What if Belle denies my love?" I asked.

"What if Beauty accepts it?" Clock asked.

"Do you think Belle will accept it?" I questioned.

"You must try," Featherduster answered.

"But first, a bath to clean yourself. One must present themselves before declaring a love," Teapot mentioned.