Roses

Damien

I found Belle on the couch, reading a book. I chuckled as her nose scrunched, engross into a story. I walked over and stood in front of Belle, holding out my paw to her.

Belle looked up at me quizzically. "I would like to show you something," I said.

"Oh, oh all right," Belle replied, setting her book down next to her. Belle placed her hand in my paw as she stood up.

I lead her through the living room down a hallway to a door. As we stood in front of the door, I opened it, revealing a conservatory. Belle's expression changed to surprise as she stepped inside the room.

I entered after Belle and stood there as she walked around the room that held roses upon roses of all different colors. Belle walked to each rose, leaning down and inhaling the scent. She stood and looked at me.

"The roses are beautiful," Belle said as I nodded.

I walked past her as I went into the corner. Picking up a flower pot, I carried it to a table and set it down. Belle walked over and stared at the flower in the pan.

"I never saw a blue rose," Belle mentioned in awe

"A blue rose is a hybrid between a red and white rose. Red roses signify passion, while white roses signify purity. Blue roses represent loyalty and love," I explained as I stood there.

"I like it. It's different and unique," Belle told me.

"I found it when I came out here to admire the roses. I never seen roses adorn the room. I didn't know much about the house when I bought it," I explained.

"The previous owner of the house created the room for the lady of the house," Teapot said, rolling over to us on a cart.

We turned to Teapot.

"Did you know the previous owners?" Belle asked.

"Oh, yes," Teapot said, nodding.

"Tell us about the previous owners," Belle said, walking over and sitting down on a bench.

"The man bought the house for his young bride. He created rooms, especially for the woman, such as the library and the conservatory. The man's wife loves to read and loved roses. Wanting to show his love for his wife, he gifted the rooms to his bride except for his bride never had a chance to see either room," Teapot explained.

"Oh? Why not?" Belle inquired.

"The lady of the house died during an outbreak. She became ill, passing away," Teapot said as Belle furrowed her brows.

"That's so sad," Belle said.

"The man left, never returning to the house," Teapot said as I stood there.

"I couldn't imagine the pain and devastation the man encountered," Belle said, solemnly.

I watched as Belle stood and walked around the house, looking at everything.