Chapter 10: Double Date 1

When Kunal and Nandini reached their room, Mauli immediately started throwing pillows at Kunal.

"Are you mad? Why would you invite that Ravan for a double date?." Mauli shouts.

"Listen to me.... Mauli, keep that down!!", Kunal widened his eyes when he saw Mauli pick up the vase on the table. He tried running away from there but no use.

Then they was a knock on their door. Mauli slams the vase on the table and glares at Kunal.

"You got saved by the bell. Be happy.",

Kunal sighed.

Thank god for that person who knocked on the door, Kunal thought.

Mauli opens the door and sees one of the staff members outside.

"Ma'am, please keep it down a bit. I know you guys are a couple but you are disturbing the people around here." The staff girl smiles at Mauli.

Mauli nods her head and waits for the staff girl to leave before slamming the door shut. Then she realizes what the staff girl said.

"I know you guys are a couple?." Mauli repeats. "What does that mean?"

"You dumbo. She means we should do it a little quieter." Kunal answers almost in a mocking tone.

"Do what a little quieter?" Mauli asks again.

"Aarey," Kunal scoots closer to Mauli and repeats what he said. Mauli still looked at him confused.

"Yaar Mauli, she was talking about sex" Kunal finally shouted, irritated.

Mauli widens her eyes and turns red in embarrassment.

What is wrong with me?" Mauli thought to herself. I couldn't understand that.

Mauli mentally slaps her self.

She looks up at Kunal who was trying to control his laughter. She got mad again and through another pillow at him.

She glares at him before going to the other side of the bed and sleeping with the blanket over her face.

The next morning Nandini wakes up early and starts checking her phone.
She felt really lazy and didn't wanna do anything.

Nandini looked at Rajdeep who was sleeping on the couch. He had insisted to sleep there their first night here so she let him have it.

She put her phone back down and went to brush her teeth and face. She just washed her body with water instead of taking a shower.

When she got out of the bathroom, she saw Rajdeep. He was sitting on the couch, having a meeting with his client.

Mauli woke up feeling Kunal's hand over her stomach. This dude, Mauli thought.

She hates it when people but their legs or hands or anything over her when she is sleeping. It's made irritating.

She smacks Kunals hand and Kunal groans while rubbing his hand.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it." Kunal says lazily before getting up the bed and heading towards the washroom.

"Kunal. You are really going to take a shower now. You? It's just 8:00." Mauli said. She couldn't believe that Kunal was waking up early. When he can, Kunal sleeps till like 1:00 in the afternoon.

"Why? Is there something wrong if I get up early?" Kunal asks. He left the bathroom door opened as he brushed his teeth.

"For someone normal it's not. But for you it is." Mauli gets up. She was still in her yellow dress.

She hadn't changed it yesterday.

Yesterday.

Mauli remembers Kunal inviting that Ravan and Nandini for a double date. Her mood got sour again and she slammed back in the bed.

"I don't wanna go anywhere today." Mauli says. "You can go with that Ravan and Nandini."

"Nandini? Who's that?" Kunal asks. He gets out from the bathroom and takes his clothes out to change into.

"It's his wife's name." Mauli closed he eyes to sleep again.

Nandini wears black leggings with a purple shirt. She looks at herself in the mirror.

She was surprised with how much she had changed with the years. Before, she had a glow to her face. Happiness was evident in her face but now, it changed. She looked more mature like the world has shown her stuff that maybe it would have been better if she had not known it.

She smiled painfully.

"Nandini," Rajdeep says. Nandini stops smiling and looks at him. She got surprised seeing him smile brightly.

"Let's go somewhere. I have something to show you." Rajdeep said.

"Yeah, wait. I will quickly change." Nandini stood up to go to the cupboard but Rajdeep stops her holding her wrist.

Nandini stares at his hand. This was new.

"There is no need to change."

Mauli heard the door open and looked up to see Kunal leaving.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"I am going to a salon for a haircut. You wanna come?", Kunal asks. "Wait, you said you didn't wanna go anywhere. It's okay. "

"No, wait for me. I will freshen up and change. Just wait."

Mauli runs to the bathroom.