Chapter 41

'Kyle...' I sent him a private mindlink, and he just shakes his head to get rid of his betrayed expression.

Now it just looked lifeless. Stone cold.

'Well, at least we know our spy.' Ansaldo communicates to us, and we all silently agree. As happy as I wanted to be that my suspicions on him were right, I couldn't help but think about Kyle, and what he was thinking and going through at the moment.

'That's it, I'm heading in.' Malik mindlinks

'No, wait! Are you wishing to die?' I snarl to him.

'I don't care if I die, just as long as that bitch does.' And he blocked me off from communication

'No malik-' I growl lowly.

'Alright guys, Malik's going in without a plan. I guess we're doing that as well.' I tell every wolf on the link.

Ansaldo nods, and slowly leads the way forward for us, and my heart started to pound as we got closer and closer to this abandoned house.

I stayed closely behind Kyle, until I found a tucked away and hidden spot about ten feet away from the house with a clear view of everything. I shifted back to my human form and I was even more hidden in the shrubs.

I watched closely and silently as everyone else began to shift to their human forms, and I looked over to the other side of the house and saw little movements from the other group.

I smile.

It's finally happening.

We waited, hidden, for a few more minutes, everyone's eyes on Easton and Elizabeth's conversation.

"I can't keep doing this, Eliza. Not to my mate, and not to my pack." Easton growls.

"You will keep doing as I say. You wouldn't want your fellow pack members to find out you were raised in my coven, or am I wrong?"

I hear Kyle whine through the link.

"Because you attacked my pack when I was a helpless baby, and stole me? Killed off everyone? How about I tell them that?" Easton crosses his arms over his chest.

"Hey, it was your pack that broke the treaty with my coven! It wasn't the other way around." Elizabeth grabs a giant knife and points the tip of it at his throat.

"Now, do we have any more problems with what I want you to do?" She threatened lowly.

Easton just rolled his blue eyes and swatted her arm away, but she brought it back up to his throat.

"Now, what's the plan?" She tilts her head.

Easton sighs. "Take and kill Nico, just like Luca, so their beta is completely down and off his guard." He says through gritted teeth.

'Malik, don't you dare make a sound right now.' I immediately mindlink him. I don't hear back.

"Good, now go." Elizabeth drops her arm and sets down the knife.

Easton narrows his eyes at her, before grabbing his jacket and opening the door to head out.

Kyle popped up out of his hiding spot, so he was now able to be seen, clear as day. And he was visibly upset.

Easton stops as soon as he sees Kyle, and how dangerously mad he is.

"Kyle, what are you-" he begins.

"I had faith in you," Kyle snarls at the blonde male. "Goddess, I even married you! But it turns out that everyone else was right. You're nothing but a arrogant asshole." Kyle slowly approaches Easton, and Easton takes a few steps back with each step forward.

The blonde looks around, maybe for any sort of help, but all he sees is more pack members coming up and revealing themselves.

I'm not stupid and stay down, but I'm still watching everything closely.

"Kyle, please, hear me out bab-" He begins.

Kyle growls loudly and he is unable to keep stable in human form as his wolf pushes forward and he shifts.

Kyles wolf is huge for being just a beta. And it's clear as day that Easton is no match compared to a black and brown wolf that stood before him, eyes glowing a murderous shade of gold.

'Kyle! What the hell are you doing! Control your wolf!' My eyes went wide.

'I'm doing what's best for everyone.' His wolf mindlinks me.

And before I can try to convince him to stop, his wolf pounces.

I close my eyes shut, afraid to see what was going to happen next, but I don't hear any human made screams.

Reluctantly peeking open one eye, I see Ansaldos wolf wrestle down Kyles.

When Kyle is finally pinned under my mate, both of their eyes cloud as they share a private mindlink with each other.

However, I see Enzo stalking out of the edge of he clearing in his light brown wolf, towards Easton.

'Enzo, what do you think you're doing?' I try to reach him, but unfortunately he's smart and has his connection blocked off.

Oh for fucks sake.

I watch in horror as Enzo growls loudly and jumps on an unprepared Easton.

Ansaldo breaks the mindlink between him and Kyle to look back on the sight.

The sight of Enzo ripping out Eastons throat.

Kyles wolf seems to realize what's going on and he backs off. Ansaldo jumps on Enzo to stop him, and Kyle shifts back to his human form.

If I thought he looked broken when he saw Easton in the house, then he was absolutely shattered with what I witnessed now.

Easton lay on the ground, practically lifeless. Blood was everywhere around him.

Kyle runs over to him and kneels down over his mates almost dead figure.

He hesitates, and then shakily reaches out to a bloody Easton.

"No, no, nonono." I hear him wail. Kyle desperately tries to apply pressure to his gushing throat, but it's all futile at this point in time.

"Easton, stay with me, don't close your eyes. Please, stay with me love." Kyle moves Easton's limp body into his lap.

I see Easton's mouth move a little, to only release a gurgled wheeze. He raises his arm to grab on Kyles arm.

I see Kyle whisper a few things to Easton, but not for long.

I hear a giant crash sound, and Malik jumps out of the house in his wolf form, with an Elizabeth hanging out of his mouth by her arm. She screams bloody murder, and then a few Latin words.

Malik's giant wolf shakes her small body violently before letting go mid shake, and sending her flying into a tree closest to them.

Malik is knocked back by some invisible force, landing on insanely sharp shards of glass by the house. He's knocked out instantly on impact, and I see his body immensely scraped up by the shards.

I look over to Elizabeth, who was unmoving. Eyes open, but clouded over.

Oh hell, what just happened?

———

(Holy shit. Did I just publish that?)