Chapter 2- Big Brown Eyes

A/N: Hey! Here are just some pictures so you kinda have an idea of what Alex and Serena dress like.

ALEX WU OUTFIT STYLE

SERENA CHANG OUTFIT STYLE

Alright let the story continue

I was not going to do anything about Serena leaving early. I go home and start my homework.

            The next day, I could not stop thinking about what I did to Serena. I ignored her for the better part of two hours and reasoned that her peppiness was the cause. After school, I eagerly go to math tutoring, waiting for Serena to come back so I can make amends. I wait for two hours. She doesn't show up.

            I decided that I would find her the following day and tell her that I was a jerk and that she could find another tutor if she didn't like being taught by me.

            During gym class, I found her. Serena was always athletic and sporty. She was on the track team, the basketball team, and the volleyball team. I waited until class ended. We were in the locker room alone when I apologize, I didn't want the others to see me vulnerable.

            Finally after the girls were in the showers I walk up to her before she left and say, "Hey"

            She looks at me, and her face falls from her smile.

            "Look I just wanted to apologize about what happened the other day. I was a jerk and what I did was totally uncalled for"

            She looks at me again and her smile comes back slowly. "All right. And I know I can be pretty annoying at times so I –"

            "No you don't have to. I was being an ass because of... stuff" I say, cutting her off, stopping myself before I said too much.

            She nods her head and purses her lips, getting the idea. "Well, see you after school then"

            I chuckle, replying with "Yeah, see you too"

            I was not sure why I was in such a good mood after talking to her. Maybe it was because I got her to forgive me, or maybe because it was I got her smile back.

            The school day ends and I hurry over to the Math Department and sit in the same pair of seats that Serena and I sat in last time. She walks in, smiling at me the entire time. Like I said, Serena really likes to smile. At first it straight up irked me, because I didn't know what she was always so happy about, but then I noticed that she was always appreciative of whatever the day held for her. She sits down beside me and brings out her textbooks.

            "Wow, are you actually punishing me for being mean?" I jokingly say after seeing the mountain of homework she brought with her.

            She looks at me confused at first, but then she notices the pile of homework on the desk and chuckles, "Oh that... yeah well you know I can't let you and your big brown eyes persuade me"

            "Your eyes are the same colour as mine", " I say, dumbfounded at the fact she used my eyes as the reason she forgave me."

            She inhales deeply and then replies, "Well I just don't know what it is about you then."

            "Ummm let's get back to work then", I mutter, not knowing what to respond with.

             A couple of weeks pass by and almost every day when I don't have debate practice or Serena doesn't have volleyball practice we meet in math and I help her with homework for two hours. To be honest, we mostly talk about the stupid things our boyfriends do and how nice it would be to go to university soon. Obviously homework is still a must; we get stuff done.

            Another math tutoring session arrives. As I wait for her to walk in my mother calls me telling me that I need to go home right away. I tell her that I would be home right away, I just needed to say goodbye to someone first.

            Serena walks into the classroom a minute later, with smiles all over her face. While I think that it was because of anticipation for our tutoring session, I hope that it would be for a different reason as I have to tell her I needed to leave.

            "Hey! I have all my stuff ready. Get prepared for the longest tutoring session ever!" Serena told me excitedly.

            My face frowns and hers follow, anticipating whatever news to come would not be pleasant. "I have to go, my mom just called. I was just waiting for you to come so you wouldn't think I bailed".

            She chuckles as a reply. "Well thats fine, if you need to go, you can go."

            "Oh uh. Yeah. See you tomorrow then."

            She stops me before I head for the door. "Wait, was it because of the 'stuff' you said you were going through?"

            "Yeah. Probably."

            "Okay got it. Bye"

            I walk into my house. Stomping around looking for my mom, I yell "MOM!! I'm home". I hear my mom call from the upper floor. I run upstairs, walking into her room, finding her in her closet in tears.

            "Mom what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

            She sniffles before answering. "Well. You know, just the usual. Your father is back at it again with other women."

            I stop. Thinking about what I should say at this moment. "Is it the same woman?"

            "No. Its some floozy from the office." She takes another sip from an opened wine bottle, continuing "Probably his secretary".

            "Well how do you know if you're not even sure who he's with?"

            "I found this!" She says, holding up a pink laced thong.

            After trying to calm my mom down, I finally get her to put down the wine and take a nap. I wait for my dad to come home.

            I wait and I wait but he never comes home. I end up sleeping on the couch with my arms crossed.