Chapter 4- Triple Date

Tuesday flew by and suddenly it was Wednesday. I was excited yet nervous for some reason. I walked into gym class and Serena saw me, waving happily. She walks over the dusty old wooden floors and says, "Soooo what are you going to be wearing tonight?"

I give a little shrug and reply "Well I don't really know. I mean its nothing special right? Just a triple date."

"What?" she asks back unsatisfied with what I thought about tonight. She continues, "Yes it is a big deal. It's a freakin triple date." She ends smiling and giving me a playful shove on my arm.

I smile from her contact and start to chuckle "You just said what I said. Triple date."

"Alright fine," she retreats, "but you know that Jess and Em are a great match. Don't you deny it" she finishes as the teacher blows her whistle calling the group to gather.

The day ends quickly and I head home. It was only 3:30 right now so I have and hour until Cam picks me up. That's when I realize. Oh god I only have an hour until I have to leave. I panic-call Jess.

"Jess, what are you wearing tonight?" I ask with a hurried tone.

"I dunno. Clothes?" she says jokingly.

"I'm serious. I have no idea what to wear." I proclaim with anxiety.

"Alright calm down. Cam knows you don't like to dress up anyways. You are a practical gal." Jess replies, trying to reassure me.

I ponder with that solution for a second but then I panic a second time, "Okay but that's just with him. I will be with other people."

I hear silence on the other line.

"Okay what about a dress? A dress isn't too summery right? I mean it's only October." I continue on, probably blabbing on at this point.

Jess starts to speak again, questioning me "I mean if Cam and I know that you don't like to dress up and you don't care about Emaunel or Jeremy, then why are you dressing up for Serena?"

"No its because triple dates are special events you know", I reasoned badly.

"That's crap cause you and I both know that it'll be mediocre at best," She tells me, unveiling her thoughts, "huuuh so we're impressing the new friend"

I get frustrated at the nonexistent help she is giving, "Can you please... just help me out here alright."

Thankfully she lets it go, "Alright. Wear your leather jacket. You'll look hot in that."

Jess often lets things go, which is probably why we are such good friends. Usually, I keep on pushing until people get frustrated and leave, but with Jess, she doesn't care that much. I pair my leather jacket with a black long sleeve, jeans, and cute boots. As I finish up my very minimal makeup, the doorbell rings.

"Alex! Cam is here." A voice yells from below.

As I walk down the stairs, Cam sees me. I can see that he looks surprised and happy at my outfit.

"Woah. You look great babe" he says as he kisses me on the cheek.

"All right there. So mom we should be home before 8pm" I yell to my mom before heading for the door.

Alex's Outfit