Chapter 23

Diya's POV

In the Afternoon

It was already noon and we all were sitting in the living room waiting for my in-laws to come. After few minutes of sitting together my nerves were going haywire, so i got up and went in the kitchen to drink water to calm myself. While i was drinking the water i heard the door bell rang.

I saw mom going towards the main door to welcome them with dad trailing behind her.

I stand still in the kitchen and took deep breaths to calm myself. I don't even know myself that why am i getting so nervous. I have met them before and they are sweet couple. So why am i nervous?

After finally calming down i went in the living room to join them.

I saw my in-laws sitting together on the sofa, while everone else was sitting opposite them on other sofas, i went to them and touched their feets taking their blessings.

"Namaste mummy ji"
"Namaste papa ji" i said while touching their feets.

"Khush raho (be happy)" they said giving me their blessings.

After that i went to where mom and dad were sitting and sat beside mom.

I watch as mom and dad talked with my in-laws but i can see they were not very much interested in talking . MIL's eyes were all red and swollen and she tried to hide it with makeup but failed. And on the other hand FIL's face was tired like he hadn't slept in a while and was very stressed.
And it seems that it wasn't only me who noticed this but everyone else as well noticed it because that is what mom asked next.

(MIL means mother in law and FIL means father in law)

"Hey Renu , is everything alright? You guys don't look well? Is everything ok?" Mom asked

MIL suddenly started crying silently as tears started falling her face and FIL hugged her trying to calm her down.

"No Mrs Mehra nothing is right. Everything is destroyed." Said FIL as one tear left his eye but he wipe it away as fast as he can.

"Why are you saying this? What happened?" Dad asked anxiously

"It...its...its about Varun" said FIL

"What...what about varun?" Asked mom

FIL opened his mouth but then close it and after few seconds he sighed.

"He...he...he is..he is no more with us" FIL said with difficulty like he doesn't want to say these words.

"We don't understand what are you trying to say that he is no more with you guys? Did he like left you guys and went somewhere ?" Dad asked confused. Even i was confused, what are they trying to say that he is not with them anymore? Did he like left their house? I am so confused.

"No...no ... You guys didn't understand" he said shaking his head.

"Then explain it clearly because we didn't really get what you are trying to say." Dad said. Mom squeezed my hand tightly. Its a habit of her when she is nervous.

MIL was still weeping and FIL put his face in his hand face palming and muttering something like i can't do this.

After few minutes of them not saying anything mom spoke up.

"Guys please tell us i am getting nervous" mom said to them.

FIL took a deep breath and looked straight to dad in his eyes.

"What i am trying to say is that ... that he..our son...he is ...he is no more...he he is.......dead" he said

And we all sat their shocked.
A gasp came from mom as she covered her mouth with her hands.

For few minutes no one said anything just sat their looking each other.

After few minutes of silence dad asked..

"What....how..whe...i ..i mean.." dad tried to form a word then took a deep breath.

"What are you saying?How did that happen? I mean he was totally fine a few weeks ago?" Asked dad

FIL sighed

"He was in an accident  2 days ago. Died on the spot" FIL said .

After hearing that Mom got up and went to MIL and hugged her tightly as she started crying loudly.

Tears came in my eyes . I don't know how should i feel, i may didn't knew him that well but we talked few times and we were going to get married soon. I don't know how should i react. I just sat there stunned as few tears roll down my face.

As mom consoled MIL, dad came to FIL and consoled him.

After few minutes FIL explained that how Varun was coming from his office and a truck lost its balance and slammed in his car, totally wrecking it  and when the ambulance reached they declared him dead on the spot while the the truck driver was highly injured.

After talking for few more minutes they got up.

"We should go now, Renu needs to rest otherwise she will get sick. We just came here to inform you guys. " He said then looked at me.

"Diya beta, you are really a nice girl and anyone would be very lucky to have you as there daughter in-law but i guess we weren't the lucky ones to have you as our DIL. I am so sorry beta, i hope you find a better family than us. " He said and then they both left.

We all sat there silently in our own thoughts. The once happy mood just turned into a gloomy one. Nobody expected this kind of news. We all were shocked to our core.

A family lost there son because of someone's wrecklessness .

Let god Rest his soul in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Readers

Hope you like the chapter. Did anyone thought something like this will happen?

Vote and comment 🙂🙂

Thankyou 😘😘

Enjoy😉😉