7: SEVEN

After a week of daily shots, today was finally the day where they would take out an egg

After a week of daily shots, today was finally the day where they would take out an egg. Marisol was nervous as she changed into the procedural gown. Once she had her clothes in her hand, she walked out of the bathroom and Grey took her clothes for once the procedure was done.

"You're shaking," Grey commented.

"I'm scared," she admitted.

"You don't have to do this if you are having doubts."

"No, I want to. I'm just jittery."

He sighed, kissing the top of her head, and she nodded in contentment. Something that small made her feel so much better. He helped her onto the bed and grabbed her hand.

"Do you think you can, you know, climax when they ask you to?"

He chuckled. "Do you think I am unable to?"

"I didn't say that. It's just awkward and the situation isn't exactly conducive to arousal."

"I'll be fine, It's you I'm worried about."

She nodded, but her curiosity piqued again. "What's your type?"

"My type?"

"Yeah, I mean we all have a type of person we are attracted to. What's yours?"

If he were being honest, he'd say you, but he wasn't sure how she would take it. "Ambitious women who are kind."

"So Alpha woman?"

He smiled. She didn't realize how right she was. "Yes."

Her smile faltered. She wouldn't consider herself an Alpha. She was foolish thinking a man like him could ever be attracted to someone like her.

"Marisol? What did I say?" He could tell something bothered her.

"Nothing."

Dr. Meredith came in with a bright smile. She guided Grey out to his own personal room while and hen brought Marisol into the operating room.

Grey didn't like this. This isn't how it was supposed to happen. This wasn't how he was supposed to have children.

He ran a hand over his face, looking at the various pornographic magazines and videos on display for his use. None of them turned him on. He didn't want any of the women on display. He wanted Marisol. He undid his zipper and pulled down his pants. The women in porn wouldn't make him hard. It seemed that only Marisol could.

He ran a frustrated hand through his hair. He immediately got an idea, but he didn't want to soil Marisol like that. She deserved more than a quick jerk. Still, he had to produce something to fertilize the egg, and he would be damned if he allowed someone else to get his mate pregnant.

He took out his phone and pulled up a beautiful picture of Marisol he had taken at breakfast one day. She was smiling, grinning down at her favorite pancakes like they were the key to all life's secrets.