Chapter 14- Moving on

JULIANA'S POV

I placed the cucumber on the chopping board and viciously started chopping, pretending it was a certain body part of Tyberias'.

"Calm down, Juliana. The cucumber didn't do anything to you" Maria chuckled as she began frying the chicken.

It had been about a week since Tyberias called things off and I hadn't spoken a word to him since through leaving home early and coming back late.

I heard the door bell ring, snapping me out of my thought.

"Do you mind getting that? I don't want to burn the chicken." Maria said and I washed my hand and went to open the door.

I slowly opened it to reveal a slim blonde girl who was dressed rather provocatively in a short bright pink dress that made my eyes hurt. I internally cringed when I saw her lips that had obviously been enhanced far too much giving her a permanent duck face look.

"Can I help you?" I asked

She glanced at me up and down before scoffing at my grey leggings and white tank top.
"You must be the help. Go fetch me Tyberias right away, will you?" She said and began checking her fake nails.

Just when I was about to give her a snarky reply I heard a someone speak. "She's not the help. She lives here."

I turned around to see Maria staring down at the white chicks look alike.

"Lives here. I see Tyberias has started housing the needy. I always knew he was a benevolent man." She sneered.

"Did you come here for a reason, Vanessa?" Maria said

"I need to speak to Tyberias"

"He's not here at the moment"

"Hmm.. Then tell him to unblock me and that I miss him and I'm going to drop by again later." She said and began walking away, purposely trying to sway her non existant ass but it just ended up looking like she desperately needed the toilet.

I looked at Maria to see if she was thinking the same thing as me. We stared at each other for a moment before bursting out in laughter.

•_• •_• •_•

I sat on my bed bored, unsure of what to do as I scrolled through my dry phone. An idea came into my head as I looked for Matt's contact. Maybe I should give him a chance after all?

I present the message icon and began to text him.

Hey Matt, it's Juliana, is the offer to go see a movie still open?

I waited a couple seconds and got a reply almost instantly

Of course, I'll pick you up at 6?

I thought for a moment, I don't think it would be a smart idea to give him Tyberias' address, I barely knew him.

I'll just meet you there, I live pretty far

Okay, see you there.

With that, I began to get ready. I applied my hair products, decided to go for a natural make up look and put on some high waisted blue skinny jeans, a cute tank top and a beige sweater.

 I applied my hair products, decided to go for a natural make up look and put on some high waisted blue skinny jeans, a cute tank top and a beige sweater

I was finally ready and it only took me an hour. New record!

I reached for my phone that I was charging earlier on.

3%. I facepalmed as I realised I forgot to switch on the plug.

I checked the time, 5:43. I had no time to charge it so I just shoved it in my pocket and l walked out of my room.

I was halfway down the stairs when I saw Tyberias walk in through the front door.

I froze as we made eye contact but I quickly looked away and continued walking.

"Where are you going" he said lightly grabbing my wrist to stop me from walking past him.

"On a date" I said unbothered and internally smiled as I saw him clench his teeth. Ha!

"A date? With who?"

"None of your business. I need to go before I'm late" I said and walked past him making sure to lightly brush past him. I was almost out the door before I turned to him and said "oh and by the way, Vanessa dropped by."

•_• •_• •_•

"Thank you for taking me out, Matt. I had a good time" I said as we walked out of the movie theatre.

I was pleasantly surprised with our date, Matt was very enjoyable to be around but I couldn't help but think of him as more of a friend.

"We don't need to depart straight away. Do you want to go get some ice cream? I want to spend more time with you" he asked while smiling

"Okay, sure" I said as we began walking to an ice cream parlour.

As soon as we turned around the corner I saw a man I recognised talking to someone in the distance. I saw him hand the other man some money. I cursed my bad eyesight and squinted my eyes to focus on the familiar man. I gasped as I instantly recognised him.

The man I had run from. The man who tormented me my entire life.

My father.

I instantly stopped walking and slowly started backing away. I couldn't let him see me. My heart began racing as I imagined what he would do to me if he found me

"What's wrong?" Matt said

"I'm getting some stomach pains, I think I'm going to head home" I said.

"Okay, I'll see you at work then?"

"Yeh, see you on Monday" I said and with that we parted and walked away in opposite directions.

I pulled my phone out to call the driver that drove me here but sighed as I saw my phone was out of battery.

I cursed myself for deciding to wear high heeled boots.

Oh well, I guess an hour walk wouldn't be so bad. I needed to get some exercise in anyways.

•_• •_• •_• •_• •_•

I unlocked the front door to see Tyberias pacing up and down the living room. He instantly rushed over to me when he laid his eyes on me and put his hands on my shoulders stopping me.

"Where the hell were you? You've been gone for hours. Why weren't you answering any of my calls.

"My phone ran out of battery" I said coldly and shrugged his hands off me and walking past him.

"What's wrong? Did your date not go well?" He said.

"Actually it went really well. Why do you care anyways?" I asked

"I don't" he said and crossed his arms.

"Good" I said and began walking off to my room.

I was so over him.