Chapter 19- Hurt again

JULIANA'S POV

I woke up Monday morning dreading going to work after what Tyberias did to my boss. I have been avoiding going to work for a week but I couldn't do that any longer

I quickly got ready and made my way to the kitchen.

I was surprised to see Tyberias dressed in a suit cooking breakfast.

"Hey, you're early" I said as I walked up to him.

He looked up to me and pulled me closer to him. "I know, I'm going to start waking up earlier so I can make sure you eat breakfast and drive you to work" he said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

My arms went to rest on his chest. "You don't have to do that" I smiled, I was slightly surprised he would be willing to do that. No one has ever done that for me before.

"I know but I want to. I'm going to treat you right"

And in that moment happiness overtook me and I couldn't help it anymore. I reached up and tugged him down by his collar and pressed my lips on his.

The heels I was wearing added a couple inches to my height which made it slightly easier to reach him but he still towered over me. His hands went to my hips and squeezed tightly. He then hoisted me up on the counter behind me.

"We should.... stop" I said in between the kisses. But my body said something different as I willingly opened my mouth, allowing his tongue to invade my senses.

"Then stop" he grinned and began to pull away but I quickly wrapped my legs around his waist and bought him closer.

"Demanding" he grinned and bought his lips back on top of mine.

After a couple minutes I managed to get a hold of my horny self and pushed him away. I was going to be late.

I checked the time and began to panic.

"I need to go" I said as I jumped off the counter and was about to head out before Tyberias stopped me.

"You're not going anywhere until you eat" he said and placed a plate of jam on toast in front of me.

I sighed before I quickly finished the slices.

"Happy?" I smiled sarcastically.

"Ecstatic" he commented.

"Good now let's go" I said and pulled him out the door towards his car.

"I do love it when you're bossy"

"Shut up" I grinned. I liked his playful side.

The journey was quick because Tyberias ran a couple red lights so that I would be on time.

He's so sweet

When we arrived he quickly got out the car and opened the door for me.

When I got out he looked at me up and down before crouching down slightly and tugging my skirt down. He gave me a satisfied nod when the skirt reached below my knees.

"Thanks for driving me" I said and pecked him on the cheek. I didn't give him a chance to reply because I quickly made my way to the building.

I turned around to face his and found him leaning on the car and smiling as he watched me waddle my way inside. I waved at him goodbye and his grin widened and he waved back.

I quickly rushed up the lift and slowly began walking towards Mr Michaels' office.

I knocked and went in. But I was confused to see a woman who looked around 40 sitting at his desk.

"I'm looking for Mr Michaels." I said.

"Mr Michaels resigned quite suddenly last Friday. So as Vice President of this company, I'll be taking over."

I quickly nodded.

"I'm Juliana Hernandez. I was Mr Michaels' Secretary."

"Lilian Jones. It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Hernandez. I look forward to having you work with me." She smiles kindly

I was slightly surprised at how nice she was. She was so different compared to Mr Michaels.

"You too, I should get to work now." I nodded and she nodded in agreement.

Lunchtime came quickly and I was sat at my usual table alone nibbling in my sandwich.

When I had almost finished, I saw Matt approach me which was unusual because I hadn't seen him for the past week and he didn't text me.

"Hey, Juliana"

"Hey Matt, I haven't heard from you in a while."

"I caught the flu. I was ill but I feel better now." He said and I nodded.

"So I was wandering, do you want to go out again tonight?" He asked

I froze. And I started feeling guilty for leading him on.

"Oh, that's really nice of you to offer but I don't think my boyfriend would like that." I said. This time I wasn't lying about having a boyfriend.

"Boyfriend? So you just led me on the other night?" He asked angrily. He raised his voice so now everyone in the cafeteria was listening and watching.

"I didn't. I only just-"I began but he just quickly cut me off.

"I don't want to hear it. Did you think I actually liked you? I just wanted to get into your pants like every other guy that works here. No one would want you if it wasn't for your looks" he laughed.

Then, everyone bursted our in laughter. I thought I was going to cry, it was like high school all over again, feeling so alone in a room full of people.

I quickly got up and ran out of the cafeteria. I didn't know where to go so I ran to the bathroom.

I've never felt so embarrassed before

And only then, when no one could see me, did I let the tears roll down my face.

I got my phone out my pocket and rang Tyberias.

"Hey, baby" he said

"Tyberias... can you come pick me up?" I hiccuped and struggled to get the words out due to choking on my tears.

"Juliana, what happened?" he said, his voice on full alert.

"I just want to go home. Please" I whispered.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes" he said and I could hear him packing his stuff up in the background.

"Okay, thanks" I mumbled and ended the call

I quickly wiped my eyes and composed myself but my eyes were still red and it was obvious I was crying.

I grabbed my sunglasses from by handbag and walked out of the building.

At this point, I didn't care if I lost my job, I just didn't want to be here anymore.

As I was walking, people were giving me weird stared but I just ignored them.

I waited outside and in no time I saw Tyberias' car pull over. He quickly got out and shrugged his jacket off and placed it on my shoulders. I sighed in content as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and led me to his car where he turned on the seat warmer for me.

He didn't say a word as he began to drive and I was thankful because I didn't want to talk right now.

When we arrived home, he led me towards his room and layes me on his bad before tucking me in.

He bed was so warm and comfy. I couldn't help my body as I began to doze off. But I didn't miss the kiss he laid on my forehead before walking out.