Chaper 44- Cold shoulder

TYBERIAS' POV

I repeatedly punched the punching bag in front of me repeatedly, imagining it was Aleksei's face.

It had been about a week since Juliana agreed for me to marry Mila and ever since then she had barely uttered a word to me. She had even moved to a separate room to sleep in, which had led to restless nights for me. Every time I try to talk to her, she busies herself with something else to do.

I felt like I was losing her as the seconds went by and all I could do was watch.

I steadied the bag and rested my head on it. If Adrian was here, I would've called him by now and asked him what the fuck to do.

He probably would've told me to get my head out my ass and go get my girl.

So that's exactly what I was going to do.

JULIANA'S POV

I scrubbed the counter even harder, trying to relieve some of the pent up anger within me. This past week I had told the maids they could take some time off because I wanted to keep myself busy in order to avoid Tyberias.

It may sound stupid but I thought that if I began to distance myself from him now, it would hurt less when he would eventually get married to Mila. However, this was proving harder that I thought it would be.

I saw him enter the kitchen and my heart began racing at the sight of his sweaty body.

"Juliana, we need to talk" he said.

I know.

"I'm busy."

"I wasn't asking you, I was telling you. We need to talk."

"Okay then, let's talk" I said. He looked surprised that I gave in this time.

"Oh... Oka-"

"Let's talk about how you're getting married to another girl in 3 weeks or about how your brother was kidnapped and his kidnapper threatened to do the same to my 3 year old sister. Or about how everything is a mess and I don't know how to fix it." I let out and tear began forming as all my pent up emotions were coming out.
"And what about how I'm going to have to sit there and watch as you promise someone else that you're going to love and cherish her until you die. Or about how no matter how hard I try, I'm never going to be able to fully let go of you, Tyberias." I said and broke down. His arms instantly came around me as I sobbed.

"Just let it out. You can be angry at me and curse at me all you want but please don't ignore me." He said and wrapped his arms tighter around me.

"I-I'm not angry at you. I'm angry that after everything we've been through, it's just going to get thrown away."

"It doesn't have to get thrown away. We could still be together."

"Be together in secret? So you want me to be the side chick?" I scoffed.

"You would never be the side chick. I just... I can't let you go Juliana. I won't."

"So you still want to be with me but then go back to your gorgeous wife and sleep in the same bed as her and wake up to her face and cook her breakfast."

"It won't be like that. I'll sleep in a separate room, I won't even talk to her. Please, Juliana. I'm begging you, don't leave me." He said desperately and cupped my cheeks so we were looking into each other's eyes.

"I-I need to think about it" I replied and I saw his face drop slightly.

"Okay." He sighed

•_• •_•