Comfort?

Law was about to touch Hoka but Ren held his right shoulder to stop him. “A—,” Law moaned in pain which startled Ren.

“It’s a contagious disease, didn't you hear me?” she warned.

Law shoved his shoulder and pulled Hoka’s blanket away. “As I expected,” he responded as he saw white small marks on Hoka’s body.

Ren took steps back in shocked. “This is...,”

Law stood up. “White Lead Disease,”

Shocked, Ren covered her mouth. “White Lead Disease...,” her heart trembled and stare at Law in fear.

“It is not contagious,” he corrected them. “Its a poison,” he added.

“Wa...,” Ren can't even call him but she knew Law had White Lead Disease before.

“Doctor-ya, I need you to examine other islanders, and don't let anyone near this room, don't come in, don't see anything,” he warned.

Ren nodded while hummed as respond. Ren glanced at Hoka’s mother. “It’s going to be okay,” she comforted her.

“Doctor, can I trust a pirate?” she held Ren’s hand. Ren was startled.

“Trust the doctor, he said so,” Ren replied.

Hoka’s mother hugged her and they left as Law was ready.

While outside, Ren worked hard running, door to door in the middle of the night to examine other islanders but what a relief, negative.

Ren sat by the door in front of Hoka’s house and to be approached by a group of children. She smiled despite her tiredness.

Suddenly one of them fell down to the ground and cried in pain. Ren rushed to her asking, “Are you okay?” she held her and help her to stand up by holding her shoulders.

“Can you hug me?” the young girl replied.

Ren was kind of speechless but hug her anyway. “Its okay,” she smiled.

The girl let go of the hug and smiled back. “Its warm! Thank you!”

Ren smiled seeing such a cute girl, asking for a hug and laughed a bit.

“That’s how we heal ourselves,” a voice caught her attention instead. The head islander. “Our island doesn't have any doctors, nor medicine,” he started. “But we believe, comfort from others could heal such a pain,” he added. He looked at Ren and smiled. “I am sorry for what I had done,”

Ren shook her head. “Its obvious to act like that,” she replied. “Thank you for taking care of this island,” she added with smile, especially her eye smile. The head islander respond with a kind smile back.

“Hoka!” his mother ran to him and hugged him tightly.

“Mother!” Hoka tears started to wet his mother's shoulder.

Ren who stood beside Law smiled again. Feeling blessed and grateful.

“Doctor, thank you,” she looked at Ren but Ren shook her head and pointed at Law. Law was a bit awkward and tried to stay cool. “Pirate,” Hoka's mother, called. “Thank you so much,”

Law nodded once and grabbed his sword.

“Make sure to rest,” Ren advised. “Waterloo-kun, let’s go, everyone is waiting for us,”

Law walked ahead but stopped by the islanders. “What is this, are we going to be tied up again?” Law spoke in his head.

“Trafalgar Law and Doctor Ren,” the head islander summoned their name. Law stayed his head low under his head with his sword rested on his left shoulder. “We don't know how to thank you, but please at least accept our express of gratitude,” he continued with a soft, smile. The ground was filled with lots of fruits.

Ren’s lips curved, almost until the ends reach her ears. “This is too much, but thank you!” she replied.

“Hey Captain, wait up,” Ren called while her hands were full with the fruits they just got.

Law climbed his submarine and left Ren struggling.

“Captain my foot,” Law under his breathe mumbled.

As he reached the submarine’s deck at the back, he walked ahead, almost into the door but stopped because Ren’s struggling sound was nowhere to be heard.

“Did she...

fall?”

He ran to the deck but before he actually done, a bag was thrown to his face, making him fall, laying on the wooden floor.

“Oh! Sorry!” she apologized and quickly jumped to the deck.

“Watch where you’re going at!” Law raised his voice and stood up.

“Yeah yeah, stop worrying about me, aid on your right shoulder instead,” with that Ren grabbed the heavy bags filled with fruit inside. More like dragged.

“That idiot, why won't she ask me to carry it instead, does she think she’s strong,” Law’s face was crumbled in hatred. He walked inside, straight to the medic room.

The room was empty, only filled with ethanol smell and Law’s moaned in pain. “I hurt my shoulder again,” he sighed. “I can't use my full power for a while, it'll drain my energy if I stay like this,” he complained again.

He shook his head, throwing away his negative thoughts. The forcep he was holding fell down on the floor.

When he was about to reach for it, a hand claimed it first. “Oh boy,” Ren sighed. “I have never seen a doctor having a trouble aiding himself,” she added. “Because they always let others do it for them,” she walked near him and start to aid his right shoulder. Law leaned back. “Thank you,” she started after a few moments of silence. “For giving a hope,” cooly, she said while taking care of Law’s right shoulder, softly, patting on medicine.

Law’s right hand grabbed her right wrist where she used to hold the forcep with. Ren startled and stood up straight after bending.

“The disease—,” he cut himself and shoved Ren’s hand away. “Nevermind,” with that he pulled his shirt and buttoned up. He stood up and walked ahead, passed Ren.

“Wait, Waterloo-kun,” she stopped him, turn around and he turned around too to face her. “You forgot your last medicine,”

She walked to him and hugged him.

“O—oi, what are you...,”

“The islander said, comfort is a great medicine,” she mumbled while her arms was wrapped around Law’s lower, upper body and her head rested on his chest, a bit lower. Their height difference is huge and visible. “This is a comfort,”