Chapter 3: Taron

Taron

I buried my face in my hands and let out a breath when the door slammed shut. I had asked her to leave because I couldn't control myself around her. I was scared of what I might do and I would never have her cheat on my brother. She had a power over me I couldn't explain.

Why could I not get a grip? It had been one night over five years ago. It should be nothing. Yet I felt heartbroken.

Should I have told Evan that she had been here? That I had been with her before he had? But then I didn't want to risk his happiness, I wouldn't make a move and they seemed so happy together.

And anyway, my brother was the successful one, the one the family was proud of. Of course they had supported me in pursuing my dreams to become an actor. But I didn't stand a chance against the angel of a doctor my brother was.

I just had to accept Morgan's apology and move on.

Evan called me the next day and I debated whether or not I should answer. But I wouldn't let whatever happened years ago, get between us.

"Hey, how's it going?" I answered.

"Taron, hello" he said, his voice tense "Can you do me a favour?"

I frowned "Of course. What's wrong?"

"I have to take over a shift from my colleague" he was surely talking about the hospital "Can you step in and meet Morgan? We are supposed to pick out a wedding cake today"

I had to hold back groaning "Is it really necessary?"

He groaned "Why do you hate her so much?"

If only he knew.

"You get along with everyone else too"

"This is different" I said slowly. But I knew I would do it for him "Where do I have to meet her?"

"Rose's café on the main street, in an hour"

My stomach rolled. He should pick out the cake with her, not me.

"I'll be there" I dead-panned.

"Thanks" at least he was relieved "I'm sure you two will make the right choice"

I groaned. I wasn't so sure about that.

"Oh and Taron?"

"Yeah" I sighed.

"Be nice"

This felt like a nightmare. Not only could I not have the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I also had to pick out a cake with her for when she married my brother.

The café was a short walk from my place and I saw Morgan waiting outside. She was so beautiful. Her hair was in a bun and she had a skirt and blouse on that hugged her body in all the right places.

My mind ran wild thinking back to when I touched her everywhere. My hands running over her curves, my lips trailing down her body, the way she had moaned my name.

I tried to distract myself but I couldn't.

She furrowed her brows when she saw me, but still had a smile on her lips. She barely had make up on and still left me breathless. She was utterly perfect.

"Taron? What are you doing here?"

I shoved my hands in my jeans pockets to prevent myself from hugging her "Evan had to take over another shift"

"Another double shift?" she sighed "Oh he will be exhausted later"

Why wasn't she mad he couldn't meet her?