Chapter 11: Taron

Taron

My heart was beating out of my chest and I smiled from ear to ear. I still couldn't quite believe it all worked out in the end. I had never seen Evan that happy, compared to this morning he was beaming like a light bulb. He phoned his work colleague aka boyfriend, excitedly, telling him that he told everyone.

My heart was so full and everyone was so happy. Wasn't this what life was supposed to be like? I felt like I was still dreaming.

My mom hugged me and Morgan.

She smiled "I'm so happy for you two. It always works out in the end".

I glanced over to Morgan who smiled brightly "Thank you, Tina. For your advice, and everything"

She glanced at her, then my mom met my eyes "Sometimes you just need a little push"

Morgan and I smiled. I had no idea what had given Morgan the power to object during the wedding. I just didn't have the power to do it and I didn't want to make anyone unhappy.

It already felt like we had been together forever, even though we never really were a couple in the first place.

"So, what now?" she asked me.

I chuckled and looked at her gorgeous body before reaching her face. She had never looked as incredible as she looked today. It was the last straw that broke my heart when I watched her walk down the aisle like an angel. And hell, when the priest talked about Morgan's favourite moments I almost cried. Actually, I did cry. Because I had told them to put these moments in, our moments.

"You're the one in the wedding dress" I smirked.

"It appears I am, huh?" she sounded surprised, as if she had forgotten all about what she was wearing.

"I have an idea" I smiled as I got down on one knee in front of her.

Her eyes widened "Taron, what are you doing?"

"I want to marry you. Let's get married right now. We spent years apart and now that we're finally together, I don't want to let you go. Hell –" I laughed "I never wanted to let you go in the first place"

Tears formed in her eyes as she thought about it.

"I don't have a ring" I went on "But I'll get you one that will be just as beautiful as you are"

She reached for me and pulled me to her. I stood up and she slung her arms around my neck before she kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her to my body, her feet in the air as I lifted her.

Was that my answer? Was it a yes?

She giggled as we pulled away, and I stared into her eyes, waiting for her response. But I wasn't afraid of her reply.

"Yes, I'll marry you" her voice was so full of happiness and love.

"You want to marry me?" I asked, reassuringly.

I felt like I was dreaming.

"I want to marry you" she said "I need no ring. I need no big wedding. I only need you"

I closed my eyes in a long blink. This felt like my life finally was complete.

We didn't want to get married in the dusty old church and our favourite spot was only a few feet away. It was a stone throw's away. Quite literally.

We stood by the stone, our rock, and held hands. I felt like I would burst with happiness any minute, but I didn't. This was all real, even though I still couldn't quite believe it.