Chapter 8: Morgan

Morgan

I felt like my heart was breaking. I knew Taron would always be there, but we could never be lovers. But I also knew it was my choice to change something about my life.

But I was too scared of how my actions could hurt other people. And I loved Evan dearly.

I waited for a sign from Taron, that he told me he loved me, that he wanted to be with me, that he wanted me to break up with Evan.

Instead, he had rather seemed cold the last time I saw him at his mom's house. He seemed distant and I felt like my heart was breaking, my head was whirring and I didn't know what to do anymore.

"Ella, hi" I smiled as I pulled her into a hug.

She hugged me right back "Hi lovely"

I almost started crying. She had come over to my place so we could go to the wedding dress shop from there. I had my last fitting scheduled today.

"What happened?" Ella asked calmly, understandingly.

I threw my hand to my face "I asked him to kiss me"

I cringed. I felt like I had already cheated on Evan. Where was the line?

Ella gaped at me, but she was more excited than anything else "And...?"

I drew in a breath "We didn't kiss if that's what you're asking about"

She put her hand on my shoulder "Did you tell him how you feel?"

I shook my head "What's there to tell? I told him I could never forget about that night"

"And what did he say?"

I shrugged "He said he felt the same way"

"Oh God" she gasped.

I frowned.

"That's your answer right there" she called "He basically told you he feels the same way about you"

I pressed my lips together "No, it's not. Because he didn't kiss me and left. Then I saw him a few days ago and he barely hugged me, let alone spoke to me"

Ella stared at me.

"What?" I shrugged.

"Are you surprised really?" she asked "From what you said it sounds like he loves you. But you're engaged to his brother. I bet it's breaking his heart"

"It's breaking mine too" I said quietly "But I'll stand by my choice"

We arrived at the wedding dresses shop and I put on my dress one last time before the wedding itself. I stood in front of the full-length mirror and felt cold, distant even. I didn't cry like last time, everything just seemed like a blur.

"What do you think?" I asked Ella as I turned around.

"It's so beautiful" she smiled brightly. "You're stunning"

I let out a breath. Then why did I not feel beautiful? Why did I feel nothing at all?

The front door opened and closed and the bell chimed. My breath caught in my throat when I found Evan's and Taron's mom walking towards me.

"Hi Tina" I smiled when she reached us.

"Hello Morgan" she returned my smile "You're so beautiful"

"Thanks"

Someone it meant a lot to me that she said it.

"Sorry to intrude" she continued "Could we talk for a sec once you're finished?"