Ch.19

Shuyang's POV.

Mingrui had dropped me and I felt my life flash before my eyes.

It was as if time had slowed down. I looked up at the angel who was immensely bleeding.

I felt my back hit the ground but... It was almost as if there was a mattress.

"Don't worry, my child. I will ensure of your safety."

"How lucky we are. A human and an angel." The demon said and I looked to my left, I saw Mingrui.

His eyes were closed and blood trickled from his mouth and the side of his face.

His wings were mangled and some feathers were burnt.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could say before blacking out.

_______________________________________

I woke up it what seems to be a cave. I was handcuffed to a metal pole and had something wrapped around me.

Upon further inspection, I realized that it was white feathers. Oh, it was Mingrui's wings.

"When in the presence of demons, do not say your or anyone's real names."

"Gou?" I called out and looked to my left.

The angel was breathing heavily and his eyes were barely open.

From what it looks like, he took most of the impact and... I'm thankful for that.

"Y-Yang?" He called out weekly.

"Don't worry, we'll get out of here." Out of instinct, I caressed his face. His hair was disheveled and his clothes were ripped.

My eyes darted to the white wing which was wrapped around me. Some feathers were black, others were grey, while the rest remained white.

"Gou, your wing." I said to which he chuckled.

The elder chuckled, looking at a group of completely black feathers that looks almost as if it was burnt.

"Each of those feathers represents the times I couldn't help you. The times I couldn't protect you." He smiled weakly.

I looked at him. He looked too weak and blood was all over him.

"The others will save us. I know it." I reassured but he didn't seem to believe.

"The demon in my head is saying that they won't." I looked at him in shock.

"Well the deity in mine is saying that they will." I said confidently.

"Soteria." He said under his breath.

"S-She's talking to yo-" Before he could finish his sentence, the demon lady comes in.

"Oh. I'm guessing that you're his guardian angel." The demon said as she walked over to Mingrui, hooking her hand under his chin and lifting his head up.

"I think you'll make a good demon." She growled and the wing around me just got tighter.

"Oh dear. You must really like your human."

"Don't let your angel talk to that demon."

"Fuck off." I said before Mingrui could say anything.

"Ooh, feisty. I think you'd make a beautiful piece in my collection"

"I. Said. Fuck. Off."