Ch.27

Hanyu's POV.

A whole day was passed and there was no sign of the four.

Xinlong and I had to attend activities alone and had to excuse Shuyang for not being here.

The younger had a panic attack but luckily, managed to deal with it without Xiaoyu.

Now, we were walking back to our cabin, exhausted from the sports we had played.

"Ughhh. I can't feel my legs." The younger groaned, flopping down onto his bed while I sat on Shuyang's.

"The others still aren't here..." I say worriedly and looked at the door.

A couple of ours pass and it's nearing the devil's hour.

"Let's just go to be-" The door creaks open, cutting off my words.

A familiar head peeks through the door and Xinlong practically jumps to him.

"You guys are back!" He exclaimed happily and pulled them in.

"Yeah. We are." Zeyu smiled as they entered, Zihao making sure to lock the door behind them.

"What happened to..." I look at the youngest angel.

"Right. It'll take a few days to heal but don't worry. It's not something we haven't done before." Zihao places the smaller boy on Shuyang's bed and I scooted over to sit on Xinlong's.

The youngest sits next to the weak boy.

"Hanyu?" Zihao calls out.

"Yeah?"

"You guys were fine without us?" He asks, sitting down next to me.

"Of course but it would've been better with you guys." I smiled and patted the younger's head.

He rolls his eyes and looks at the Tek youngest.

Shuyang was looking at the nearly unconscious boy fondly like he wanted to say something to him.

"Shuyang, you can talk to him." Zeyu encouraged the youth.

"I know but..." He says and lightly skims his eyes around the four of us.

"Oh. Alright. Come on guys, let's leave some privacy to the kids." Zihao said and stood up, leading the three of us out of the door.

"Just call if you need us." I told Shuyang and finally, the four of us exit.

Zihao and I sat on the grass as Zeyu and Xinlong played together in a patch of grass.

"So, are you guys alright?" I started.

"Yeah. We're alright." He said and layed his head on my shoulder to which, I stiffened at. This was a normal thing to us but something about this time made me feel all giddy inside.

"Qiqi... What are heaven's rules on guardian angels and their humans being in a relationship?" I blurted out, embarrassed.

"Heaven doesn't really care about those stuff. It's allowed but the guarded person shouldn't get attached."

"Huh? Why?" I asked.

"Because one day, all current guardian angels will die and reincarnate as humans." He said, expression saddening.

"When they reincarnate, do they have guardian angels too?"

"Most guardian angels tend to die alone after reincarnating." The younger frowns, watching the two playing in the field.

"Are you... Sad about that?" I ask.

He thinks for a second.

"No." Zihao shakes his head.

"I may be with you right now but we aren't destined for each other," He stops to take a deep breath.

"No angel has someone to be with. We just decay alone." He continues, unconsciously pouting.

"You don't have to be alone. Not now, at least." I say and he takes his head off my shoulder to look at me.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean, you don't have to be alone... When you can be with me." I turn my head to face him and take a hold of his face, slowly inching my face closer to him.

He wraps his arms around my neck and turns his head slightly, closing his eyes.

After what had felt like a year, my lips connected with his.

The kiss was sweet and meaningful.

A few seconds pass and we pull away. The strawberry-like sweetness from his lips lingering on mine.

From the distance, we heard a camera shutter click off.

We turn or heads and realized that Xinlong and Zeyu had take a picture of us.

"Yu Zeyu, He Xinlong!" Zihao scolded and went to chase the two younger ones. Leaving me with my thoughts.

Did I just kiss Zihao? Oh fuck I did, didn't I. Wait...

Did I put on my lip balm?